Aegis Living - Love Going to Work | Glassdoor

"Love Going to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Aegis is made up of a family of co-workers making life better for each other, residents and families. It's a pleasure to go to work every day. The most fulfilling job I have had.

Cons

It's a lot of responsibility to provide the best care and service for seniors which requires having enough employees to give their 100% every day. The most challenging job I have had.

Advice to Management

Do your best to ensure impeccable hiring of community staff and hold leadership accountable.

Other Employee Reviews for Aegis Living

1. "Sincere Corporate Culture - one of the best!"

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Aegis executives are truly engaged in making sure management feels supported. They actively support a culture of positivity and frequently engage their directors in team building events and encouragement, with daily standups and quarterly meetings. I had immense respect for all of the executive higher-ups, whom I had the chance to get to know well during years of working for the company.

Cons

Their more distant properties from the home base in Seattle don't reap the rewards of having access to upper management. Sometimes line staff don't communicate their needs and the corporate structure doesn't enforce frequent feedback or performance reviews.

Advice to Management

Hold your General Managers accountable to get feedback from staff. Let the rank and file know that you care.

2. "I was in the Hotel business for over 26 years prior to joining Aegis and wish I had made the move sooner, so fulfilling!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many companies talk about being employee centric, but this one truly is. I have found the Corporate staff, General Managers, and Care staff to truly be all about people. While I have not been with the company for terribly long I can already see that I made a great decision joining the team. Good benefits, caring staff, wonderful people.

Cons

I love the 401K program and would like to see some type of match even if it is very small.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Love your People!!!