Aegis Living - Very disappointing experience. Residents and family members should be top priority. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aegis Living

"Very disappointing experience. Residents and family members should be top priority."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aptos, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aptos, CA

I worked at Aegis Living part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pleasant work surroundings, beautiful and clean environment. Residents and family members are great. Staff overall are very nice and polite.

Cons

Communication between management and staff is lacking. Staff including management at times behave as if they are in a regular workplace not a place where people live. Poor scheduling by management and not enough care managers for the residents. Residents needs and family members concern often disregarded by upper management. Upper management many times exhibit unprofessional behavior and make negative comments about a resident or family member to other staff members. Life Neighborhood lacking in activities and only a few care managers seem to understand the importance of engaging the residents. Residents for majority of time watch tv which is turned up too loud while care managers text or eat.

Advice to Management

Take time to orient a new employee with the facility and introduce them to staff on their first day. Be proactive rather then reactive. Communicate with staff and spend more time engaging residents when they are in the lobby or when there is entertainment. Residents needs and concerns should be a higher priority then getting a meal from the kitchen or making sure that their are fresh flowers in the lobby. I really respect Dwayne Clark and his blog really resonated with me as I have always had a genuine care and respect for seniors. I don't think Aegis of Aptos is a good representation of Aegis as a whole.

Aegis Living Response

Jun 7, 2016 – Aegis Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We always encourage our employees to speak with their General Manager or VP of Operations if they have questions or comments about staffing... More

Other Employee Reviews for Aegis Living

"A dream caree"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Aegis living is an employee first company which offers all of its employees an amazing and challenging work environment with excellent benefits and wages, opportunity for advancement and the opportunity to grow a career in a rewarding and positive industry.

Cons

There are no downsides with Aegis!

"Excellent and rewarding work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time

Pros

Truly outstanding company culture from top to bottom, very focused on providing care and conscious of it's mission. While Aegis is run with a very healthy focus on the bottom line and the health of the business, there is a pervasive sense of what and who the work we do is truly for. This can be a tough industry to work in, with a lot of conflicting motivations, but Aegis navigates these potential conflicts of interest between care and profit very well, because the management and ownership continually expresses and lives the values of the company.

Cultural fit in new hires is a big deal here and I think that goes a long way toward keeping the place so positive and friendly. Easily the most positive work culture I have ever been involved with.

Cons

Some frustrations with unrealistic expectations, having eyes bigger than our pocketbooks.

Advice to Management

Continue to reinforce the cultural aspects of working at Aegis. This is truly a differentiator and can't be allowed to decay over time. Understand the benefits of keeping the culture alive outweigh the costs.