Aegis Living - Honor and a Privilege to work for Aegis Living | Glassdoor
Discover more reviews from Aegis Living.

"Honor and a Privilege to work for Aegis Living"

Current Employee - Life Enrichment Director in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Life Enrichment Director in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management truly cares about our employees, and when our employees are supported, loved, and fulfilled, they can provide heartfelt care to our residents. I see room to advance within the company and have mentors who support my personal and professional growth and development. I am well compensated and shown tokens of appreciation for my extra efforts. Aegis encourages new ideas that could enhance the lives of our employees, residents, families, and surrounding community. We hire quality people, making it a joy to come to work everyday. I go home and share with people in my life how much I love my job, which I've learned is very rare!

Cons

I have the experience that our corporate employees and upper management are very removed from the daily, on-the-court experience of working with our residents. I would love to see them more involved in the Communities to guide how they create our programs.

Advice to Management

I invite Dwayne to spend some time in the Communities getting to know the staff, who are the agents of his great vision. Most people have never met him, or even seen him, beyond the family picture on the wall. He's an inspiring man and it would make a difference to connect with him.

Consider offering the Landmark Forum to our employees as a great gift for people's personal and professional lives. Much of our upper management has participated in Landmark courses and have gotten great value for themselves. Also, much of our Aegis culture is steeped in the principles of Landmark education. It could really inspire effective leadership, integrity, self-expression, fulfillment at work, and significantly reduce turnover. Many companies offer the Landmark Forum to their employees, such as Panda Express and Lululemon, and experience significant growth, employee satisfaction, and a rich company culture. I have done it and invited several members of my team to participate as well; they have gotten great value personally and have astronomically improved our performance and creativity as a team here at Bellevue!

Aegis Living Response

Feb 29, 2016 – CEO

Happy to come by, you see me soon...,Dwayne

Other Employee Reviews for Aegis Living

"Wellness nurse"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time

Pros

Working with wonderful residents and families

Cons

Horrible pay and benefits. Most expensive health insurance and deductibles I've ever had. The pay structure for our nurse sides and nurses is very low. A lot of turn over and job openings all the time. All I hear is grumbling a.

Advice to Management

Regional nurses and others don't offer support. The organization is fragmented. I've worked at difference communities and they all run so differently, makes me feel sorry for residents in the cheaper facilities. They don't have the same opportunities or safe environments as others. A shame. I've heard Sunrise is better but I don't know.

Aegis Living Response

Apr 7, 2016 – Aegis Living

Aegis Living is proud to have one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry. The safety and care of our residents is our highest priority. To ensure exceptional care is provided we have... More

2. "Business office manager"

Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Fremont, CA

Pros

I love my job from day one. Very comfortable working environment. Excellent team work.

Cons

Can not think of any cons for the company.

Advice to Management

Keep the good work.