Aegis Therapies - Unless you want to make this your life, don't do it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aegis Therapies

"Unless you want to make this your life, don't do it."

Current Employee - Rehab Program Coordinator
Current Employee - Rehab Program Coordinator

Pros

The money. The continuing eduation. To find out how tough you really are (think of it as boot camp).

Cons

This is my experiece. I have worked in several facilities and multiple populations. In 20 years I have never been treated so poorly. Intimidation and harassment, on a daily basis, are the means of getting you to achieve the high patient care time percentage required. Therapists are expected to see patients in groups, and truly this is the only way you can get all the other crap they pile on you finished. They train you in their "core programs" and then expect high percentages of the patients in your facility to be added to the caseload immediately due to the availability of the new service. Staff is accused of being inefficient when, in reality, this is the nature of nursing homes....sometimes people are not available when you need them. But there is no overtime nor any working off the clock (oh, people do it, but they don't get paid for it). There's a lot of "spinning" that goes on......cloaking for-profit strategies as quality patient care. For example, emails will be sent to those facilities reaching a certain percentage, with a notation thanking them for insuring quality patient care and insuring patients have access to their medicare benefits. Was anyone standing in the way of them using their benefits? If you HAVE to have a job, then you can probably get through it. I don't think you'd enjoy it, and don't plan on spending time with families etc. Even on holidays as you would have to work the weekend before or after in order to get the holiday off. That goes for vacations also...work before or after to have days off during the week. My managers may have been particulary witchy, but consider yourself forewarned.

Advice to Management

Be more efficient in information distribution. I get the same emails from three tiers of management above me. And listen better. I get a lot of information, but I don't feel like management listens to my concerns. And be very discerning about what extra work you give the staff. The patient care time percentage required has us running all day long. Most days I have over 10 emails from managers requesting my "help" with initiatives from management.

Other Employee Reviews for Aegis Therapies

"A Good Company with Good Patient Ethics"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

Pros

Management is not overly concerned with the bottom line, but more with patient care and happiness with staff. They don't get worked up with productivity falls.

Cons

They have the tendency to higher staff that is not the most motivated or a team player. Those who work hard are not compensated versus those who just get along.

Advice to Management

Please don’t keep staff on that are not up to the task or who are not willing to be supportive of their fellow team members. And if a particular staff member excels, some type of compensating would be nice, heck I would take a pat on the back.

"The District Manager and Program Manager make all the difference"

Pros

IF you have a good DM/RPM, it is an excellent company to work for. They will help you grow in your career, learn to work with other disciplines, identify patient needs and help facility staff. The other therapists are generally great to work with and a true team atmosphere is evident in the facilities.

Cons

IF you have a poor DM/RPM, you will burn out quickly. Unless you like to be micromanaged. They want daily minutes, accounts of every free moment. Numbers are what they want. Vacations have to be scheduled at least 6 months in advance, except for the holidays which are set less than one month prior to the first big holiday. You only get holidays off when they fall on a weekend. Overtime is highly discouraged yet productivity has to be at 90%. 401K matching is only given if approved at the end of the year. There is a form for every little thing to complete. They limit the ICD-9 codes you can use - despite what the documented dx actually is.

Advice to Management

I received a letter stating that you put therapists first. Please act like it by making time off easier to take, allowing overtime, and respecting family time/priorities.