AeroVironment - Opinions | Glassdoor

"Opinions"

Pros

The projects are innovative and exciting to be a part of; AeroVironment has been a leader in thier niche and received a number of awards.

Cons

AeroVironment rarely promotes from within; communications are not handled well; project deadlines are established by sales without regard to established timelines creating unnecessary fire drils and unhappy customers. Personal performance is not assessed by direct managers but rather by personnel who are unfamiliar with job descriptions, company projects and actual performance of individuals.

Advice to Management

AV appears to be suffering from growing pains going from a small research company trying to compete with "the big boys." It appears certain decisions are being made for the immediate gain of top personnel rather than the long term growth, sustainability and profits for the company and employees.

Other Employee Reviews for AeroVironment

1. "a GREAT place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

I have been working at AeroVironment full-time

Pros

I get to work on a lot of different projects that are interesting, challenging, and just plain "cool". It can be fast paced, but that is great for me. My building seems to be staffed entirely by very smart people. Most companies have "that one guy with a bad attitude", but there is nobody like that here. Best place I've ever worked.

Cons

I've only been here a couple months but so far nothing, except that I should have applied here years ago.

AeroVironment Response

Sep 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you are enjoying a few of AeroVironment’s perks: opportunity to... More

2. "Proud to Work at AV"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

I have been working at AeroVironment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was recently hired (less than a year ago), but so far I am really enjoying working at AV. As other reviews highlight, the people are one of the best parts (encouraging, intelligent, take pride in their work). Excellent benefits. Challenging, exciting work. Participant in corporate games. Employees gather after work for recreational sports teams, including soccer, softball, and bowling.

Cons

This is by far the best company I have worked for. If I think of any cons, I will update my rating so that management can address.

Advice to Management

Keep offering great benefits. Continue to make your people and positive work environment a priority.

AeroVironment Response

Sep 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you are enjoying a few of AeroVironment’s perks... More