Aerotek - Get ready to give up your personal life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aerotek

"Get ready to give up your personal life"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

--Great place to learn recruiting processes
--Commission on top of base pay
--Frequent company events
--Expense account
--Your next job will be a cake walk from the work ethic you develop at Aeroek

Cons

The pros listed above are heavily outweighed by the cons
--Zero work life balance, average hours are 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m; leave before 6:00 and you're nicknamed "part-timer"
--"Frat" environment, meaning going to the local bar with managers and co-workers is the "fast track" to getting promoted. "Come into work hungover? Good for you Sport-o!"
--Terrible base pay (approximately 30K) and commission only pays when you are over a top tier. It takes on average, 60 hours a week and 9 months - 1 year to reach this tier. By then Sr. Account Managers are pushing you into Sales so you can start all over at zero.
--Incredible amounts of internal gossip, back-stabbing, hooking-up, and sloppy recruiting (i.e. faking reference checks, which everyone turns a blind eye to).
--As a "Production" company, everything is numbers based. Recruiters are given an impossible To-Do list and the result is terrible customer service for contractors and candidates.
--High internal turn-over.

Advice to Management

--Hold on to your employees (you hire GREAT people) by offering increased flexibility (perhaps the ability to work from home if needed), realistic goals (to increase your customer service), a decent work life balance (so your recruiters don't burn out and quit after one year), and do not continue your tolerance for dirty recruiting and internal gossip.

Other Employee Reviews for Aerotek

"Unprofessionalism in the recruiting process."

Current Employee - Purchasing in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Purchasing in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Not applicable to this review

Cons

They contacted me about a job opening in Charlotte, NC and have not responded to any of my phone calls or email message to the recruiter's office. Why contact me in the 1st place if you're not going to follow-up in a professional and courteous manner? It never ceases to amaze me how so many recruiters simply make it a numbers game instead of a people game. If this is how their recruiting process is handled I'd hate to try and get a job with them.

Advice to Management

Tell your local Charlotte office to staff with responsible individuals who are helpful and courteous without being phony or insensitive. It's a tough job market out there and people's lives and careers are involved with you and your agency.

2. "Great learning experience, but not the place to have a life long career"

Current Employee - Business Operations Associate in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Business Operations Associate in Hanover, MD

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great work environment; fun people to work with

Cons

a lot of work, little pay