Aerotek - Former Professional Services Recruiter | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aerotek

"Former Professional Services Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Braintree, MA
Former Employee - Recruiter in Braintree, MA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning experiences, real world business experience, good salary right out of college.

Cons

Manager's attitude, little to no commission, respect for junior employees. I spent 4 years in the Military, one being in a war zone and was treated as a child upon hire. Being several years older than most Managers and having more life experience that can be difficult to being "talked down" to.
You are expected to make 100+ phone calls a day. The job is to put people to work, so if you put 5 people to work a week, they as you why you didn't make 500 calls. If you make 500 calls, they ask why you didn't put anyone to work. Can be frustrating and the threshold for commission is quite long. Turnover rate is 4-6 months per person on average.
Also, being a younger office, there is always mental and sexual drama between co-workers.
The hours are awful. Work day is 7:30-6pm, that's roughly 53 hours. My work day was 7-7, as you are frowned upon if you arrive before 7:15 or leave before 6:30. Weekends also apply in busy seasons. A lot of "unwritten rules".

Advice to Management

Improve training exercises. Hire older professionals that have a proven track record, instead of college kids that quit in their first 6 months. A lot of companies don't want to deal with a "sales executive" that is 23 years old.

Other Employee Reviews for Aerotek

"Former Professional Services recruiter"

Former Employee - Professional Recruiter in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Professional Recruiter in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the people - The people and culture at Aerotek are great, most people are very outgoing and welcoming. Extremely friendly and always want to work as a TEAM

Cons

TO MANY TO LIST - in an effort to try here goes, Aerotek is great at making people feel terrible about themselves and there employment. There is to much of a "FRAT HOUSE" mentality. It actually seems cool at first but you realize that it is unproductive and tiresome. I ended up leaving for another opportunity because they work people like dogs here. They make you feel HORRIBLE about yourself if you come is any later than 7:15 in the morning and they look at you side ways if you leave anytime before 6:30. there is a reason they hire recent college grads. Recent grads are so excited to just get a position they don't realize how poorly they are being compensated for there work. They "burn and churn" employees there. A person how has been there for 8 months is looked at like a veteran. This is intentional. It is a glorified pyramid scheme. Once you leave that place you realize how bad they treat there employees. Of course they will look at comments like mine and say i'm disgruntled but it's quite the opposite. I enjoyed my time there because my co workers were like minded energetic people who I grew VERY fond of. I miss them. However in terms of the actual employment I would not recommend Aerotek to my WORST enemy. The worst part is your success is 100% RELATED TO THE DIVISION you are placed in. something they wouldn't admit publicly. Aerotek is a place that has great people and a good business model, but for the entry level people it's extremely frustrating because your hard work is rarely valued and consistently undermined by upper management. this was my experience in the Parsippany office. If you decided to work there BE PREPARDED to be looking for a new job in less than a year

Advice to Management

The health Benefits are horrible - show your employees that YOU CARE about them and there families and offer something they can be PROUD OF. Your staffing business model is second to none and I commend you on that but make sure you take the time and commend your employees for there hard work. The recruiters work more hours than most upper management SHOW THEM YOU APPRECIATE IT and you MIGHT actually KEEP top talent.

2. "Helpful but a little scattered"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They had good jobs and knew a lot of companies in the city. It allowed me to interview for a lot of different place.

Cons

IT can be hard to get responses from them sometimes. Account managers are working with so many different people, they occasionally get confused.