Aerotek - Former Professional Services Recruiter | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Aerotek

"Former Professional Services Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Braintree, MA
Former Employee - Recruiter in Braintree, MA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning experiences, real world business experience, good salary right out of college.

Cons

Manager's attitude, little to no commission, respect for junior employees. I spent 4 years in the Military, one being in a war zone and was treated as a child upon hire. Being several years older than most Managers and having more life experience that can be difficult to being "talked down" to.
You are expected to make 100+ phone calls a day. The job is to put people to work, so if you put 5 people to work a week, they as you why you didn't make 500 calls. If you make 500 calls, they ask why you didn't put anyone to work. Can be frustrating and the threshold for commission is quite long. Turnover rate is 4-6 months per person on average.
Also, being a younger office, there is always mental and sexual drama between co-workers.
The hours are awful. Work day is 7:30-6pm, that's roughly 53 hours. My work day was 7-7, as you are frowned upon if you arrive before 7:15 or leave before 6:30. Weekends also apply in busy seasons. A lot of "unwritten rules".

Advice to Management

Improve training exercises. Hire older professionals that have a proven track record, instead of college kids that quit in their first 6 months. A lot of companies don't want to deal with a "sales executive" that is 23 years old.

Other Employee Reviews for Aerotek

"Unprofessional"

I have been working at Aerotek part-time

Pros

They'll get you working when you need to be

Cons

YOU are not important. They don't care about your job skills or background. Only the company they have a relationship with. I was placed into a position to which I was completely over-qualified for. I told the recruiter that I would be looking outside of this role but they let me accept the job anyway. I made it clear to both parties that I was temporary, I would be looking for permanent elsewhere, unless the company had something permanent in the near future. The miscommunication they had with their client was pinned on me. I did my due diligence. I wish I had never motioned towards such an unprofessional organization.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great beginer job, opportunity to learn a lot about business. There is the opportunity to make a decent living if you are working with a good team.

Cons

As Aerotek continues to grow leadership is implementing more and more ways to micromanage. Aerotek hires mostly out of college so everyone is young and loves to do happy hours and social events, if you have a family this may be hard as you must put in countless hours into the job to be successfull