Aerotek - Great place to start a career in aviation or other lines of work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aerotek

"Great place to start a career in aviation or other lines of work"

Current Employee - Contract With Air Trans Airways in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Contract With Air Trans Airways in Houston, TX

Pros

If you are dedicated, motivated, and stay active you will find the career that best suites you. There is a great opportunity awaiting you when you sign up with this staffing agency. My recruiter was awesome, personable, and seems like a good guy. Another great plus is the pay you receive every week. Good benefits too.

This company is the top provider of engineering staffing in the United States. Aerotek also recruits, screens, selects, and places employees in the light industrial, light technical, accounting & finance, design, call center, laboratory, environmental, aviation, construction management, mortgage banking, commercial nuclear, automotive, utilities, and governmental markets. - Wikipedia.

Cons

This isn't necessarily a con, but i f you are a recent college graduate you may have to take a job that you are "over qualified" for (depending on your situation) as my recruiter told me. However, I think I may have found a place where I can eventually use my degree IF I work hard enough. The pay isn't all that great ($9.25), but I will see where this road takes me. Remaining optimistic is important in this economy.

Advice to Management

Have recruiters be more open, of the chances of you finding the job that you really want. Other than that I believe staffing agencies are only what you make them to be. If you are active you will be successful.

Other Employee Reviews for Aerotek

1. "I would recommend working with them depending on the contract."

Current Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate in Seattle, WA

Pros

I was guaranteed a salary even if I didn't work 40 hours a week. If I worked more than 40 hours a week, I was paid for each hour over.

Cons

It is contract employment. There is no long term security. The terms of the contract depend on who you are being contracted out to.

2. "Excellent Company with growth!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great company to work for. Very fun and potential to make a lot of money. Privately held company with a great deal of integrity.

Cons

The company had to lay off 10% of employees in 2009. At times had to stay late hours and work weekends.

Advice to Management

Go into work and expect to move up in the company. Work hard and try to not sell yourself short.