Aetna - Overall Experience is fulfilling | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

"Overall Experience is fulfilling"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Rolling Meadows, IL
Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at Aetna full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Aetna does provide for some of better benefits that I have seen. In an age where the cost of coverage is constantly on the increase, and individuals are asked to may more of their share, at Aetna your share is pretty comparable to what it would be elsewhere. As they are an insurance company you can find work in almost any state, and at any position.

Cons

There are a couple of cons that I can give, that I can think of, and one would be the vacation table. You get an increase of your tine after being there for four years, but then there are no further increases until you are there 20 years. The other one that I can think of would be the salary. The hook here that they offer you a generous salary to start, but then the increases are not so generous.

Advice to Management

As there are different entities associated with Aetna, such as Active Health Management, please be mindful of what the people in these groups have to say. Also, please be open minded to any constructive criticism that comes from the rank and file individuals.

Other Employee Reviews for Aetna

1. "Watch your back"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in New Albany, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in New Albany, OH

I worked at Aetna full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good people that work hard.

Cons

manager is out for themselves. will use you to get ahead.

Advice to Management

recognize the talent that you currently have and cultivate it.

"A caustic work environment"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Aetna full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Starting pay is decent very competitive based on customer service salaries at other companies. The training is thorough and comprehensive. Most coworkers are friendly.

Cons

No advancement opportunities (even lateral transfers) whatsoever. Performance metrics are unreasonable and inconsistent. Benefits package is terrible. Near constant negativity from management. On several occasions we (as a team) were told "this is the job. If you don't like it, go work somewhere else."

Advice to Management

Listen to what the employees say on the annual survey and make changes that will positively affect the work environment.