Aetna - Awesome Employer | Glassdoor

"Awesome Employer"

Current Employee - Quality Management
Current Employee - Quality Management

I have been working at Aetna full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, management that is focused on productivity, collaboration and being supportive of each other. Interdepartmental collaboration is a constant focus and we are always improving on what is already a fantastic service delivery system!

Cons

Very little negative to say. They are not doing anything the rest of corporate america isn't already doing right now in a tough economy. Our benefits are not as robust as they were 10 years ago, our pensions have been frozen, benefits reduced, etc. But, again, I have to emphasize that every other large company is doing that and much more right now so, relatively speaking aetna is doing a great job keeping up as best they can.

Advice to Management

Keep going the direction you are going! Mark Bertolini is someone this company has needed for many, many years. He knows the direction we need to go and is taking us there now so I have complete faith in management.

Other Employee Reviews for Aetna

1. "Great Place to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Aetna full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teleworking Option is a great resource. It saves in travel time and great for ones that live in areas that there aren't many big companies. There are strict rule about behavior that aid to there being a environment that fosters more trust. There will be no sides taken the rules are the rules. Excellent opportunities for bonuses.

Cons

Wish there were more opportunities to move around but keep the Telework option and sometimes it seems that the job postings are for certain people that are already in mind and not a regular job posting. Scorecards seem to be very complicated. Medical benefits could be a little better (High deductibles)

2. "OK place to work"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Aetna full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

have some opportunity to WAH (depending on manager). Changing to new virtualized technology. compensation was decent. Company paid 85% of health insurance premium.

Cons

layoffs. Not certain of full impact from Obamacare. anual merit increase in the 2% range even if your work is average or above average. So why work above average. Placing more and more work on staff remaing after layoffs. Good old boy network to get promoted and new secure positions. Sr managers proctice nepotism over achievment. Dead wood protected and kept onboard.

Advice to Management

Everyone sees you protecting dead wood and therefore does not respect you.