Aetna - Horrible | Glassdoor

"Horrible"

I worked at Aetna (Less than a year)

Pros

work hours are from 7am-6pm cst.

Cons

expensive benefits; take home amount after taxes and everything else made me feel like I was working for free.

Advice to Management

Lower benefit costs

Other Employee Reviews for Aetna

"Aetna employees feel unappreciated; Let's schedule a strike"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Aetna full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Technology is great, they attempt to provide us with all the newest technology possible. BE thankful for a job.

Cons

We are a number bottom line. We need to get the member off the phones within 5-6 minutes or else we are penalized by being forced into working late hours. The customer wants all the time needed to resolve their issue not 6 minutes. The CEO is completely distant and we need an advocate to help us but everyone is afraid to stand up in fear they will loose their job. Employees that have dedicated their life to aetna working over 15-30 years are forced to retire or want to because the company has drastically changed since Ron Williams has left. The stress level is unreasonable, not a family friendly work environment. They create programs to help you manage your life and advance your career but if you work on the telephones you really are not eligible to particpate because you are dedicated to answering the phones. The work loads are not balanced.

Advice to Management

Keep turning a blind eye and a deaf ear to your employees and the customer will end up speaking to representatives in India or the automated system. Which means more unhappy customers. When you hire a consultant to evaluate the workflows make sure they have experience in performing our job before implementing change.

"Faded Glory"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Hartford, CT

I worked at Aetna full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Talented people, a treasure trove of knowledge and experience. Beautiful, historic home office - refitted and awards Leeds recognition for sustainability. Strong, well built telework support. Good records management program.

Cons

Since Ron Williams departure moral is down, trust in leadership is down, lay-offs and reduction in force continue to demoralize. Strategic projects are started and then struggle for funding, resources, management attention. Sad.

Advice to Management

The Board should insist that the employee survey is re-instituted and carefully read the comments.