Aetna - It was good while it lasted. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

"It was good while it lasted."

Former Employee - Senior Financial Consultant in Walnut Creek, CA
Former Employee - Senior Financial Consultant in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Aetna full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most of the people I worked with really cared about doing a good job for the customers. I worked in a small group of good people within the large company. The salary and benefits were good enough, although they had been cut back little by little over the 18 years I worked there. The office was conveniently located for me.

Cons

Large bureaucracy and an upper management team that treats people as expendable commodities. In order to reduce salary expenses, they are outsourcing as many functions as possible and getting the salaried employees to work a lot of extra time. Some corners are being cut, so that "close enough" reporting is now the norm. If you are not located in the CT office, there is not much room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees contributions and loyalty. Improve the systems to cut the amount of human intervention required to make things work.

Other Employee Reviews for Aetna

1. "Ok"

I worked at Aetna full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ok to work at. There might be other opportunities available internally. Everything is automated which is a plus. Quick hiring process and completed in one month or under.

Cons

Poor salary structure. Do not offer competitive salaries to employees, too many protocols. Slow decision making.

"Aetna consistently provides employees with "tools" to give best in class customer service."

Current Employee - Case Manager in Richfield, OH
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Richfield, OH

I have been working at Aetna full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent ongoing training of changing healthcare laws.
    Excellent company benefits, wellness programs for employees
    Excellent opportunities for advancement or job changes within the company
    Excellent work environment
    Excellent ethics

Cons

The work is highly regulated, so there is not much opportunity for being "creative" if that is what you are specifically looking for in a company.

Advice to Management

Employees appreciate gratitude for their hard work for their best in class service.