Affiliated Computer Services - Good company bought by Xerox | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

"Good company bought by Xerox"

Former Employee - Transaction Processor
Former Employee - Transaction Processor

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Have benefits. Very strict. Abc pay (activity based compensation).

Cons

Need to work hard to earn more money, type fast and accurately. Mispost = penalty. Fast and accurate work = more money. Im not sure if this is really a cons :).

Advice to Management

If ain`t broke, don`t fix it. We were working too fast and we are beating the abc pay. So our pay is too high, they increased the production quota so basically, since we are doing good, they want more. More and more quality work and accuracy that almost demands perfection. I got layed off because they changed the system. We used to type a lot. Now it`s more of clicking and dragging, I never catch up. But I enjoy working with them for almost 6 yrs.

Other Employee Reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

1. "Absolute Worst"

Former Employee - Contracted Apple Advisor in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Contracted Apple Advisor in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None what so ever, Worst company in history

Cons

ABC pay is a scam, Company is not willing to work with you. FInd loopholes in laws to pay you less.
    Didnt receive paycheck on time ( two weeks late) 3 times !!!!! Offered to write not to apartment complex, wouldn't cover late fees for bills. Will notice your working hard, will not compensate. upper management will lie repeatedly. Extremely high turn over rate . Pay was cut by 33% for no reason, refused to fix pay stated everything above $8 was a bonus and it wouldn't return not my normal rate for 2 months ( employee of two years ) Very high management and upper management turnover rate. FInd loopholes in Contractors requirements, Would ask you to lie to customers. MANDATORY OVERTIME on holidays , FIred if you didn't show up to 65 hours a week, Overtime isn't calculated by your hourly rate it is calculated by 1 1/2 minimum wage, basically paid same rate of pay. No flexibility at all with shift. Family emergencies are "not their problem "

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like a slaves. Its cheeper overall to keep good employees then to train new ones as the good ones keep quitting

2. "good starting point for getting call center experience"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy to get experience, training is very thorough and complete and time is given to learn phone skills as well as company training.

Cons

employees expected to troubleshoot ipads and cell phones in less than 6 min and most mgrs are not receptive to employee concerns

Advice to Management

none they don't listen to us.