Affinity - Great Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Affinity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative Environment. This is a true solution based Consulting firm with great Portfolio, Project and Program Management solutions among other things. Staff is fun and impressed with Project Managers employed here. Client focused.

Cons

There are not a lot of concerns that could be designated as a con. Maybe more company communication with consultants at client site.

Other Employee Reviews for Affinity

"Just Average"

Pros

Generally good pay, clean work environment, some opportunities for advancement, hardly any micromanagement, good career coaching if you're lucky enough to earn the favor of one of the key management players.

Cons

While they claim to be consultants, much of what Affinity does is actually staff augmentation, which means that employees' futures with the company are not as secure as they are lead to believe, i.e. you are brought on as a "perm" employee, but if your contract at the client ends, through no fault of your own, it's advisable to start looking for a new gig. Employees are sometimes made to feel as simply a commodity. Management can, at times, be biased toward employees who they choose as pet projects while other employees are left in the field w/ little guidance. Culture can, at times, be unprofessional and includes gossip, inappropriate discussions and behavior from management, and way too ego driven.

Advice to Management

Communicate more transparently with your employees. Provide professional develop guidance to EVERY employee, not just those you seem to have a personal affinity for. Provide positive feeback when warranted, not just constructive criticism. Be honest about an employee's status with the company, i.e. if their employment is dependent on a particular contract, tell them that. Don't let them think they'll be there for the long haul, even if their contract expires.

Affinity Response

Feb 2, 2015 – Affinity Recruiter -IT Solutions

This is not the Affinity or mgmt I work for currently. We do hire people as salaried employees to work on-site at our client locations; we also hire for W-2 and C2C arrangements. There is risk in ... More

"Affinity Recruiter - best job I have ever had"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Affinity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Affinity is the best of both worlds, a small privately owned company, with opportunities to work on challenging large-scale projects that will keep your skills fresh.

The management team represents everything I have looked for in an employer; down to earth, engaging, super smart people who know how to help companies solve their business problems with IT Solutions and the best talent.

I have been a Tech Recruiter for Affinity for 3 years, and when I talk with candidates, I tell them they would be lucky to work under the direction of our Business Managers, as they are all interested in developing not only technical skills, but in helping with career growth as well.

My boss Tom Keyes has been an amazing mentor to me, helping me to be not only as a recruiter, but as an individual.

Cons

Hmmm..this is tough. 20 word minimum, so I will say that the only con I can think of, is that Tom and Steve don't visit L.A enough!

Advice to Management

Advice to management. Another hmmm...Keep doing everything you are doing, keeping employees engaged, and seriously making more visits from Milwaukee, and start thinking about opening an L.A office!