Afirm - Nice People But Waste of Time Unless You Are Desperate | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Afirm

"Nice People But Waste of Time Unless You Are Desperate"

Current Employee - Risk Auditor/Inspector
Current Employee - Risk Auditor/Inspector

Pros

Good training, non-paid and requires a lot of time.
Good document system.

Cons

I will let you decide. I spent 30 hours doing the self study. I purchased a digital camera for the job and the other required tools.
I was given few job near me and they wanted me to travel to jobs 50 miles away for a supposed pay of around $60. Not reimbursement for travel. I performed two jobs; one of which was a two building assignment where I had to work with an out of town owner, personally make appoints with 7 renters, visit their businesses and take pictures, compile the report and attach photos.
I quit taking assignments after about 60 days. My net pay for all of the above was less than $100.00. It takes 3 to 4 weeks to get paid after completing an assignment.They didn't even pay for the ride along visit I spent time with another agent.
Do the math!! This is not what is is represented to be and these people could care less about why they have a high drop out rate. No one every asked why I was dropping out.
Great work if you are desperate and have the money to subsidize the company. A minimum wage job will earn you more.

Advice to Management

If you care about losing well intentioned people, at least care enough to contact them and discuss why they drop out. I think you know why. Maybe that is the reason management doesn't followup.

May 27, 2016 – HR Associate

We are sorry that your experience with us was so challenging. Here at US-Reports one of our biggest priorities is providing the best service to our customers. One of the ways we help achieve this... More

Other Employee Reviews for Afirm

"Great work from home job"

Current Employee - Phone Auditor
    Current Employee - Phone Auditor

Pros

Set own hours. Can make as little or as much as you want depending on how much you want to work. Knowledgeable staff. Caring managers. Pays better than most other auditing companies.

Cons

No benefits. Extensive, lengthy training...but this turns out to be a good thing in the long run, as you are more prepared to become a good auditor.

Advice to Management

The regional manager knows a lot about auditing and helps with auditing questions. He goes above and beyond his duties.

May 27, 2016 – HR Associate

Thank you for your review. Here at US-Reports one of our biggest priorities is providing the best service to our customers. One of the ways we help achieve this goal is by providing our clients with... More

"Every Audit Counts"

Current Employee - Field Auditor
    Current Employee - Field Auditor

Pros

Time is your own. Schedule your day and complete audits before due date
    Work on your own
    Complete field assignments and no one bothers you

Cons

Some of the review staff really needs to be out in the field
    A little kindness will go a long way
    Not much praise on a job well done

Advice to Management

Have everyone that works in the office take a week and work in the field. Management really has to treat the field staff better after all without the field staff there is no US-Reports. Better compensation. The company will get $100.00 per field assignment completed and will compensate the field staff with $30 - 35. After gas taxes, and other business expense this is a business that is going downhill. Advice to Management pay better as you will lose quality contractors, and then the business will lose insurance contracts.

May 27, 2016 – HR Associate

Thank you for your review. Your advice is actually something we are implementing in the next couple years; we are attempting to be more transparent from the top down and in each of our departments.