Aflac - Great Place to work | Glassdoor

"Great Place to work"

Former Contractor - New Business Associate in Columbus, GA
Former Contractor - New Business Associate in Columbus, GA

I worked at Aflac as a contractor

Pros

Good leadership
Good Pay
Flexible schedules
Great work environment & corporate office

Cons

some departments promoted faster than others

Other Employee Reviews for Aflac

"Good experience, lots of micromanaging though."

Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Aflac as a contractor

Pros

-Learn independence, and autonomy. Great pay if you work the hours to earn it. Need to be clear about goals and long term vision.

Cons

- Completely unpredictable environment, lots of doors shut in the face. Very frustrating when somedays you work long hours for no pay.

Advice to Management

Have a better training program, treat your new employees well to reduce the high turnover, need to understand overlapping territories better.

"It's what you make it but don't expect too much"

Current Contractor - Sales Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - Sales Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor

Pros

This is a commision based job. . Yes, you can make an amazing amount of money but it's a dog eat dog type of business because you are selling insurance.

Cons

They get you in with nothing but lies and have a horrible management staff at least at the location I was at.You have to get your own leads, your own business, do your own paperwork, basically work for yourself and recruit others with the same lies so that you make more money off of them. I felt like I was treated like cattle, once they got me in there and they got my leads through their so called warm calling they forgot all about me and didn't even care to train me at all. Everyone I started with felt the same, everyone that came after felt the same, and now there are just the 12 top people left from my beginning to my end there because every left.

Advice to Management

I'm not going to say how I really feel here becaues I think in my cons I have said it all. They are a bunch of early 20s money hungry blood suckers and really need to pay more attention to their people skills, not just the money in their bank accounts.