Aflac - Ok as a part-time job, can't recommend as a full-time position | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

"Ok as a part-time job, can't recommend as a full-time position"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor

Pros

Flexible hours, terrific products. These positions would be great for a person desiring part-time work and for those who already have an income stream for their family.

Cons

Commission only sales, no benefits, very high turn-over. As a new agent, there is expense associated with starting your business and the return on the investment is much less than is "sold" during the interviewing process.

Advice to Management

Memorizing scripts is not sales training. Training should be provided that includes the rest of the process like dealing with claims, covering some of the typical reasons why policies are not approved, etc. You should provide the necessary technology to new agents rather than expecting them to purchase.

Other Employee Reviews for Aflac

1. "Not interesting, too competitive"

Pros

Opportunity for good pay if you try hard.

Cons

Too many work hours for the average person.

"Don't waste your time."

Current Contractor - Independent Sales Associate
    Current Contractor - Independent Sales Associate

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor

Pros

Flexibility to work your own schedule, manage your own day, be your own boss. A Definite perk. The products they sell are very helpful.

Cons

Where do I begin. The fact that they slap anyone against the wall to see who will stick really is true. I'd read the reviews before selling for Aflac and knew of this but thought I'd give it a go anyway. The reviews are right. I think that it might be nice to give their newer agents an incentive to stick around and help them survive the critical beginning months when they have no income coming in to support them - GIVE THEM A SALARY! I don't like the way every single thing is thrust upon the sales associate to handle, it REALLY bogs you down and impedes your ability to close other accounts when you're constantly having to fix all the issues that pop up with current accounts. I've dealt with some rather shady agents that helped "train" me and I just want no part of it.

Advice to Management

Give your newer agents a salary for crying out loud! Wean them off gradually once they have enough accounts to support themselves. If you want your sales force to stick around so they don't hear "you're the 10th aflac agent we've seen this week! Now go away and quit bothering us!" You think the public's perception of you might improve if you gave your sales force the incentive to STAY, thus you'd not have every noob agent calling on the same account because the turnover is so high? Think about it.