Aflac - My experience with Aflac has been life-changing for me and my family, and is the best professional decision I ever made. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

"My experience with Aflac has been life-changing for me and my family, and is the best professional decision I ever made."

Current Contractor - Sales Associate in Chattanooga, TN
Current Contractor - Sales Associate in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor

Pros

I came to Aflac needing the opportunity to earn a substantial income, have flexible hours that would provide work/life balance, and the opportunity to made a difference in people's lives. Aflac has provided my family a great income and provided substantial growth opportunities and career development for me. I have been with Aflac for 14 years, starting as a sales associate with no sales or insurance experience. The training that they provided was key to my success. The work environment is challenging but fun, and the relationships that I have developed will last a lifetime.

Cons

Being a successful sales associate with Aflac is hard work! It requires a responsible use of flexibility. If you need the discipline of a timeclock in order to get up and go see customers everyday, this is definitely not the job for you. It can also be discouraging to hear the word "no". In sales, you always hear more "no's" than you do "yes's", and you have to be able to let that go in one ear and out the other and on to the next customer. For alot of people, that's hard to learn to do. The learning curve is steep, and you have to spend alot of time in the beginning just studying and learning the product. You are compensated in direct proportion to the amount of effort that you exert, and for some, that is not an acceptable concept.

Advice to Management

Continue to stayed focused on the voluntary market and our dominance in the marketplace.

Other Employee Reviews for Aflac

"Great job if you can make it"

Current Contractor - Aflac Agent in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Contractor - Aflac Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor

Pros

Unlimited income opportunity
    Great atmosphere
    Coaches instead of managers
    You are your own boss
    Stock in company
    Great advertizements
    Super sales people with integrity and character do well.

Cons

Constantly hiring agents. Trample over ourselves and businesses.
    Practice the curse of the sales profession: "Use, abuse and discard the sales person." i.e., constantly make money for the company from new hires, knowing most won't make it. The company does well while the agents have invested time, effort and money. Another way to say it: "Throw agents against the wall to see which ones stick." (Maybe 4 of 10 after 4 months!)
    In Aflac's case, some agents get a glass-eyed stare after 4 months because they no longer have the gas to drive to work.
    But at least they warn you: "It will be the hardest year or two in your life, but if you can get past that initial time, you can do very well financially." And that is true.

Advice to Management

Hire smarter. Coach not just the beginners. Learn the group business, not just the small 3 - 10 person companies. Make weekly meetings more informative. You want people to attend, but you cover the same material in a 6 week cycle.
    Ask successful agents to teach what makes them successful so others can learn and the region does better.

2. "still learning"

Current Contractor - Aflac Field Sales in Naples, FL
    Current Contractor - Aflac Field Sales in Naples, FL

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor

Pros

An individual can make very good money when you set an appointment and you can see policies to individuals, the company really does care about its policy holders

Cons

If you dont make nay sales you will make no money at all. Also if you need standard company benefits Aflac doesnt provide

Advice to Management

pay a base salary for the first year until you can build your book of business, this would help the new agents immensely