Aflac - My last Career | Glassdoor

"My last Career"

Current Contractor - Sales Coordinator in Greenville, SC
Current Contractor - Sales Coordinator in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

The culture of a team determined my success. I have experienced working for Aflac in two different states, and both had a good culture. If you are coachable, if you receive training, you can DEFINITELY be successful.

Cons

If your team does not provide training, this becomes very difficult. You must be self-motivated and the first year is the hardest.

Many people don't get over the first year and give up before success comes. This is a long-term opportunity and you must persevere - don't give up too soon.

Advice to Management

I would provide a stronger emphasis on training and hold people more accountable to providing fair opportunities for people that are hired. Too many operations are focus only on hiring for numbers. Luckily, ours is not one of those operations.

Other Employee Reviews for Aflac

"Very bad experience."

Former Contractor - Agent in Oak Park, MI
    Former Contractor - Agent in Oak Park, MI

I worked at Aflac as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They make you think everything will be amazing. They hosted fun events and outings to build or pride in the company.

Cons

No organization. I think it depends on your region. They kept hiring and co-workers were going to the same places seeking business. Also when I landed a large account my second week I received no help form our office. When hired they said they would assist us with closing our first few sales. With a 60/40 split. Longer term employees were also stealing leads from the new personnel. This almost caused a physical altercation at one point.

Advice to Management

Make sure regional managers are doing their job.

"I was told that the zip code I lived in was protected, and it was't."

Former Contractor - Insurance Sales Agent in Ottawa, IL
    Former Contractor - Insurance Sales Agent in Ottawa, IL

I worked at Aflac as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The company overall seemed ok. (ie., products, promotional materials..) The materials are printed professionally, and are free for the order. The company has the Aflac Cancer Center for Children, which I thought was wonderful.

Cons

The training was so long with way too much crammed information in one sitting. There was not enough one on one role-play to leave training with confidence to go out on your own. My regional manager charged me for rent in his office 50 miles away, when I never set foot in his office. I was on my own for the most part. The warm leads that I did accrue myself, were taken by other agents 50 miles away. My zip code was not protected by cold calls from other areas like I was told it was going to be. After I left, the company billed me (charge-backs) for pretty much everything I had earned while I worked there.

Advice to Management

Role-play in training. Pay for at least a week of training (Combined Insurance does). Put more effort into the people that have dedicated their own time, and money to get their insurance license, and have spent their own money on gas, and food to attend your training sessions. Work with who you already have, to help them succeed.