Aflac - Better be in it for the lo | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

"Better be in it for the lo"

Current Contractor - Sales Associate in North Chicago, IL
Current Contractor - Sales Associate in North Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

*Renewals stay with you for life if you are vested with the company.
*It takes 3 - 5 years to really be paid like this is a career, and fully vested at 10 years.... which is awesome to have. Makes me wish I started this right away and built something before having a spouse and kids and mortgage payment, etc.
*No Territories

Cons

**No Territories
**NO salary - not even a little one - like other large Insurance Companies offer to start.
**Too many recruits start out gung-ho, contact like crazy, and then crash and burn after finding adversity - leaving a bad impression from business owners who have been contacted repeatedly or signed up and had their new associate leave AFLAC and they are left with a sour taste in their mouth.
**Hard to have established life style and bills/responsibilities that must be met when just starting out.
**Training is on a rotating basis and the first several weeks were good but then as new recruits came in, I found I was not supported nearly as well since I was beyond what they were working on and it started being more of a review. Needed training to continue, but found calling HQ and handling things with them was much more of an education than than what they did in training.

Other Employee Reviews for Aflac

"A Great First sales job as long as you don't need $ right away"

Current Contractor - Sales Associate in Portland, OR
    Current Contractor - Sales Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Freedom=Self-Employed, Learned Cold calling via phone and going from business to business. Learned Public Speaking. Aflac helps people which is a great feeling.

Cons

Rude HR and other gatekeepers. At least 90% of new agents fail within 6 months for a variety of reasons. It is very hard work. Hard to keep motivated, hard to self regulate and work at least 8 hrs a day prospecting vs organizing your files and chatting with co-workers. Most people just don't have the self-discipline to do this.

Advice to Management

Very disappointed at how inflated the projected income you make in the first year is.

"It was a scam every day"

Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in Greenville, SC
    Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in Greenville, SC

I worked at Aflac as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

No good traits at all in the day

Cons

It was a scam all day every day.

Advice to Management

Fire yourself