Aflac - Live in a city, and have lots of connections | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

"Live in a city, and have lots of connections"

Former Contractor - Insurance Sales Agent in Midland, MI
Former Contractor - Insurance Sales Agent in Midland, MI

I worked at Aflac as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

You're paid exactly what you're worth. You set your own schedule.

Cons

Multi-level of managers who don't help you at all, but get commission off of you are always hounding about sales, without offering real help. This mostly applies to the Regional Managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Aflac

1. "intern"

Former Intern - Aflac Intern in Columbia, MD
    Former Intern - Aflac Intern in Columbia, MD

I worked at Aflac as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned what I do NOT want to do

Cons

100 percent commission. No one is honest within the company. Everyone tries to scam people out of money. Terrible company

Advice to Management

Dont lie to your employees

"Insurance Sales Rep"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Aflac as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

-somewhat of a flexible schedule
    -free materials
    -good money when you actually make a sale
    -can really be a benefit people would utilize

Cons

where to begin....
    -They hire everyone and your mom as a sales person. It is REALLY hard to succeed when there are 300 agents within a 30 mile radius. Really hard.
    -Training wasnt that great, had to drive 30 miles away for a week straight and was not paid for it.
    -I understand sales is a hard field, and 100% commission is even harder. Unless you have a spouse that can support you or you have tons of money in savings. You will crash and burn.
    -I made it a little over 6 months, but thats only because that was how long it took me to realize everyone there was a bunch of manipulative money hungry greedy carsalesmen.
    -If you land a decent size account everyone will become your best friend because they want to go in on the commission with you.
    -I ended up breaking even after 6 months. After daycare (2 kids!!!) gas, food, and tests/fees I had spent about $6,000 within the first 3 months I had only earned about $3,000 and that was only because my RSC was very very good and helped us newbies out. Finally during my fourth month I landed a huge account and made about $2000 in two days then my last month at Aflac i went back one more time and wrote new business with the same company due to them expanding. So I earned about another $1000. If it were not for that big company...we would have been negative.
    -In my initial interview I was told NUMEROUS times I would never have to owe Aflac anything if I decided to quit. well that was a lie...2 months after I quit I got a bill for $700. Havent paid it back and dont plan to. I wasted so much time and money to barely break even. I am NOT paying that BS company back anything!