Aflac - Insurance Sales Rep | Glassdoor

"Insurance Sales Rep"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Aflac as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

-somewhat of a flexible schedule
-free materials
-good money when you actually make a sale
-can really be a benefit people would utilize

Cons

where to begin....
-They hire everyone and your mom as a sales person. It is REALLY hard to succeed when there are 300 agents within a 30 mile radius. Really hard.
-Training wasnt that great, had to drive 30 miles away for a week straight and was not paid for it.
-I understand sales is a hard field, and 100% commission is even harder. Unless you have a spouse that can support you or you have tons of money in savings. You will crash and burn.
-I made it a little over 6 months, but thats only because that was how long it took me to realize everyone there was a bunch of manipulative money hungry greedy carsalesmen.
-If you land a decent size account everyone will become your best friend because they want to go in on the commission with you.
-I ended up breaking even after 6 months. After daycare (2 kids!!!) gas, food, and tests/fees I had spent about $6,000 within the first 3 months I had only earned about $3,000 and that was only because my RSC was very very good and helped us newbies out. Finally during my fourth month I landed a huge account and made about $2000 in two days then my last month at Aflac i went back one more time and wrote new business with the same company due to them expanding. So I earned about another $1000. If it were not for that big company...we would have been negative.
-In my initial interview I was told NUMEROUS times I would never have to owe Aflac anything if I decided to quit. well that was a lie...2 months after I quit I got a bill for $700. Havent paid it back and dont plan to. I wasted so much time and money to barely break even. I am NOT paying that BS company back anything!

Other Employee Reviews for Aflac

"Marketing Coordinator Intern"

Former Contractor - Marketing Coordinator Intern in Lansing, IL
    Former Contractor - Marketing Coordinator Intern in Lansing, IL

I worked at Aflac as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed, could make my own hours, friendly work environment, great staff

Cons

Unpaid, sometimes the work was a little boring

"What a scam"

Former Contractor - Sales Representative in Bradenton, FL
    Former Contractor - Sales Representative in Bradenton, FL

I worked at Aflac as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

own business, self employed, own hours, prizes, licensed representative for large company, large territory, use car, weekly meetings, commission, decent products, duck

Cons

very little professionalism, felt like I was at a flea market, poor training, lying group of managers, this is for people with HS background and low self esteem, wouldn;t let my enemies work for this bunch

Advice to Management

come clean, stop bullspit, act like pros