Aflac - Its tough work but great product | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

"Its tough work but great product"

Current Contractor - Benefits Consultant in Seattle, WA
Current Contractor - Benefits Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Training at the State office was great. Able to set your own time but you will spend a bunch of time on getting you business going.

Cons

Once you get going with your regional its kinda like your on your own. In the beginning they will help you if you set a appointment but its up to you to find out everything else. Be carefull once they have you in with all the schooling and say you set one appt you think you have got what it takes but you dont! You will need to set a bunch of appts! Watch out you will need to keep those appts or you will be paying back everything you made.

Advice to Management

Regional needs to spend more time with new people instead of hiring new people ALL the time.

Other Employee Reviews for Aflac

1. "An excellent experience."

I worked at Aflac full-time

Pros

The entire marketing team was collaborative and I received much guidance. There was so much to learn and I had access to all of it. The facilities were also fantastic. Everyone was wonderful and genial.

Cons

Internal politics played a role as they did in any company. This is to be expected, especially with a large company like Aflac. Nonetheless, that did not in any way affect my ability to perform.

Advice to Management

Management did a great job. I think at some points there were redundant meetings and pep sessions, but that's really par for the course. Maybe the management could be more 'authentic,' so to speak.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Aflac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company that actually cares about their employees. They have great benefits and the work environment is professional but also fun at the same time.

Cons

It is hard to work your way up through the company because people really do love working here so there isn't a lot of people stepping down or leaving the company. So spots in upper management don't come open very often.