Aflac - It's what you make of it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

"It's what you make of it."

Pros

Own hours, uncapped gains, company promotions, unlimited growth potential. If your back office staff sucks, you likely will too.

Cons

I went to an Aflac training meeting (closest one from the greater Phila area was almost in Baltimore) and was promptly met by a flashy upper sales coordinator trying to impress you with how much hair gel he can afford to use. His advise was on par, but it was clear half the interviewees were less than competent but he was giving them the same 'you can make X amount of money next month' speech. It helps to have a good back office; without a good district sales coordinator right above you it's hard to get started. Most people fail with Aflac, but those who succeed seem to have good things to say about it.

Advice to Management

Lots of micro management and so many sales coordinators makes it hard to point the finger when something is wrong.

Other Employee Reviews for Aflac

"Executive Sales Associates at Aflac"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Aflac as an intern

Pros

Easy interview process. The hours are flexible and management isn't strict.

Cons

The position is a trick to make existing workers more money.

Advice to Management

Very hard. They are not paying you but need to obtain a health insurance licences which cost $100.

2. "An excellent experience."

I worked at Aflac full-time

Pros

The entire marketing team was collaborative and I received much guidance. There was so much to learn and I had access to all of it. The facilities were also fantastic. Everyone was wonderful and genial.

Cons

Internal politics played a role as they did in any company. This is to be expected, especially with a large company like Aflac. Nonetheless, that did not in any way affect my ability to perform.

Advice to Management

Management did a great job. I think at some points there were redundant meetings and pep sessions, but that's really par for the course. Maybe the management could be more 'authentic,' so to speak.