Aflac - The only ones who believe the lie are looking for quick/easy money only to be surprised | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

"The only ones who believe the lie are looking for quick/easy money only to be surprised"

Former Contractor - Insurance Sales Agent in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Contractor - Insurance Sales Agent in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Aflac as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I guess you could consider this a "job". Except you get paid a 1099 and not a real W-2.

Cons

Like many, I was bought into this well-adverised pyramid/multi-level marketing scheme by the promises of earning six figures and "retiring before 40". I never worked a full time position before, so I took it hook, line, and sinker. My supervisor claimed he was saving his spot for me when he moved up. It turns out he promises that to EVERYONE when they get hired. He only knew me for a couple weeks, so I guess I should have wondered what was up. The "leads" are telemarketing scripts. Be prepared to get yelled at for hours. If you're lucky, you might get a hit. Everyone says it is about working hard and if you fail then you didn't work hard. That is just stupid corporate speak. If it is too good to be true, probably is. (Also, be prepared for charge backs.)

Advice to Management

Start by not lying. Also, pay a base salary and give defined territories to help retain talented people. I saw so many people come and go in my short time. The place is a joke.

Other Employee Reviews for Aflac

"They don't invest in their employees."

Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at Aflac as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some great people.

Cons

Compensation is horrible and essentially worked for free most of the time.

Advice to Management

When recruiting, be honest! I was told I would make a lot of money and it's quite rare that that actually happens.

"It is an ok company, they have employee week and have lots of holidays off and bonuses"

Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Omaha, NE

I worked at Aflac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is close to home. There are no tests to take to get a job. They like diversity

Cons

Its a phone job, management plays favorites.