Aflac - Great Company but Not for Everyone | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

"Great Company but Not for Everyone"

Former Contractor - Sales Representative in La Crosse, WI
Former Contractor - Sales Representative in La Crosse, WI

I worked at Aflac as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I thought it was a great company. I thought the training they put you through was fabulous. My classmates were great. I loved the spirit of those who worked for Aflac. Sales seminar is a lot of fun. I believed in the products.

Cons

It is 100% commission. Very tough to sell in the market I was in. I think if you were able to become a part of a sales office early in their establishment or if there was turn over and you could take over some account to get you going and keep stable that would be helpful but that was not the case for me. Plus I was hired on with about 8 other people and we all ended up prospecting and calling on the same companies. Just made it look like the office didn't have much communication.

Other Employee Reviews for Aflac

"15+ years with Aflac"

Current Contractor - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Contractor - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Aflac is an incredible "Business Opportunity". If you are looking to be rewarded for your hard work and commitment, Aflac is the right choice. Too many people don't look at this opportunity as a business. If you just want an hourly wage stay where you are, if you want an opportunity to earn a large six figure income in a business with little overhead investment you can't beat Aflac.

Cons

Trying not to become complacent with success. Keep pushing.

Advice to Management

Provide more incentives to veteran agents.

"unstructured intern program"

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Fairfax, VA
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Aflac as an intern

Pros

cold calling gave me so much experience talking to professionals. my interpersonal skills are thanks to aflac

Cons

the intern program was very unstructured they basically left you in a room to cold call 8 hours per day