Aflac - It's a scam. | Glassdoor

"It's a scam."

Former Contractor - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ
Former Contractor - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Aflac as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There were no pros about this crappy opportunity.

Cons

It's a scam, cattle call or revolving door. The top 2% make it and the rest either struggle or fail. Hardcore sales. They only give you 2 months then cancel your contract. In the time I was there I had 2 small groups and some other big ones in my sales pipeline. Guess it wasn't enough. They dissed me and will probably get themselves some paydays from my work. They also expect you to recruit people. It was unprofessional. My so called district manager didn't have a clue about what he was doing. They thought it was cool to bad mouth other people that came and went before me at meetings in front of everyone. My manager also insulted me with strange comments I'd rather not repeat. He was an unqualified and disrespectful person. The general public and most businesses don't like Aflac. Go ask them if you don't believe me. Constant cold calling and door knocking, hitting the same people over and over again. It's not an easy sell right now with everything up in the air over insurance. All they offer is ancillary supplemental polices. I would stay away from this opportunity and company unless you already have businesses lined up and know the management at the office where you applied, otherwise you're going to get screwed.

Advice to Management

Go out of business.

Other Employee Reviews for Aflac

"Lose, Lose situation."

Current Contractor - Insurance Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Insurance Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They are very friendly when they are sucking you in.

Cons

Contractor sales position, No benefits, only training was on cold calling, very little to none training on the product. What they pay you upfront they will just as quickly take away from you if client doesn't pay or quits participating. Trust me, they have this all figured out and they will not be the ones that lose any money in the end.

Advice to Management

Quit just hiring and hiring. I know it is to your advantage but it is very over saturated and it disheartens the sales agents and pisses of the businesses. Better product training of the products would be very helpful.

"Not for everyone"

Current Contractor - Sales Associate in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Contractor - Sales Associate in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

flexibility, potentially no earnings ceiling, The people are really nice. The aflac products basically sell themselves. If you can build a strong client base, you're setting yourself up for success later on down the road.

Cons

If you don't see yourself spending at least 3 years here, don't bother. Be prepared to make little in the first year. You work with people of all ages. The turnover is high and the selection process isn't very strict because of that.