Aflac - It's a scam. | Glassdoor

"It's a scam."

Former Contractor - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ
Former Contractor - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Aflac as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There were no pros about this crappy opportunity.

Cons

It's a scam, cattle call or revolving door. The top 2% make it and the rest either struggle or fail. Hardcore sales. They only give you 2 months then cancel your contract. In the time I was there I had 2 small groups and some other big ones in my sales pipeline. Guess it wasn't enough. They dissed me and will probably get themselves some paydays from my work. They also expect you to recruit people. It was unprofessional. My so called district manager didn't have a clue about what he was doing. They thought it was cool to bad mouth other people that came and went before me at meetings in front of everyone. My manager also insulted me with strange comments I'd rather not repeat. He was an unqualified and disrespectful person. The general public and most businesses don't like Aflac. Go ask them if you don't believe me. Constant cold calling and door knocking, hitting the same people over and over again. It's not an easy sell right now with everything up in the air over insurance. All they offer is ancillary supplemental polices. I would stay away from this opportunity and company unless you already have businesses lined up and know the management at the office where you applied, otherwise you're going to get screwed.

Advice to Management

Go out of business.

Other Employee Reviews for Aflac

"Tough work but they're best in the business"

Current Contractor - Sales Coordinator
    Current Contractor - Sales Coordinator

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Products, Great Marketing, if you have a good leadership team its a great enviroment to be in. It may be 100% commissioned 1099 gig, but you still feel like part of a team. You are selling a product that 90% of the US truly but only 6% possess.The support center helps associates and policyholders tremendously! Veterans preach their love for the company and it helps motivates!

Cons

Change is inevitable with Aflac, much of the time you have no control over the situation either. Often times hiring is in waves, and its a tough hire so talent on the associate level is not always there. At a corporate level though, they are commited to their associates and management! DSC can get 100 things put on their plate and then someone up the ranks decides 90 of them do not matter anymore and add 100 more.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating, be more precise with your rollouts. They say you will see something in 2012 and you may not see it until 2014. Keep marketing and supporting at the level you have been over the years!

"Valuable business experience"

Former Contractor - Sales Associate
    Former Contractor - Sales Associate

I worked at Aflac as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

-Amazing team-oriented environment
    -Flexibility and ability to make your own schedule
    -Support from upper management
    -Unlimited income potential
    -Ethical company
    -Great brand name recognition

Cons

-Stressful not having a base salary
    -Financial roller coaster for the first few years
    -Being an independent contractor means no benefits and paying your own business expenses
    -Negative perception of insurance in the market
    -Assuming great risk for your mistakes; definitely need to purchase errors and omissions insurance

Advice to Management

Be careful making false promises when it comes to income