Agate Software - Good as a learning grounds, but I'm dissatisfied with the perks or appreciation I receive for having done a good job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Agate Software

"Good as a learning grounds, but I'm dissatisfied with the perks or appreciation I receive for having done a good job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Pros

Good for a learning ground for beginners straight out of college. Being a small company gives you a lot of growth opportunities personally.

Cons

Does not provide enough appreciation for the good job performed. The work style at Agate reminds me a little of when I was back in school with strict rules and times that I need to be at work.

Agate Software Response

Oct 16, 2014 – Human Resources Manager

Agate Software has grown some since this post, both in size and organization structure. Under our current structure with 5-6 people assigned to a Team Leader and Team Leaders reporting to the ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Agate Software

1. "Software Company?"

Pros

The company focuses on trying to build a team environment. They bring in food on a regular basis and try to offer a happy hour every month.

Cons

The way and manor in which clients are billed is not clear, concise, or realiable. The pay could be way more competitive. They try not to focus on "titles", but when it comes to review time, bonuses, and raises, they strictly relie on this terrible excel spreadsheet that they deem is their reasoning. The small perks they offer is just a way to keep people somewhat content and a way to not offer raises.

Advice to Management

Get a better trainer, and update the training procedures. Team leads need to be consistent across the board when it comes to work, procedures and training. Companies don't lose employees , management loses employees.

"Software Developer"

I worked at Agate Software full-time

Pros

You get to learn a lot since the company is small and you can make good progress pretty quickly.

Cons

The company works with a manufacturing mindset. You need to be at work at 8am and can only leave at 5pm. You need explicit permission if you have to run out for a little bit in the middle of the day. I was treated pretty badly given my educational background.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and they will respect you back. Don't demand the respect and impose restrictions like they're high-schoolers.

Agate Software Response

Apr 28, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

It is true that one can learn a lot and progress quickly with Agate, we appreciate that being pointed out. To address the "manufacturing mindset" and being at work "8am and can only leave at ... More