Agate Software - Exceptional | Glassdoor

"Exceptional"

Current Employee - Programmer in Okemos, MI
Current Employee - Programmer in Okemos, MI

I have been working at Agate Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at this company for over 5 years and have been given opportunities that other companies can't provide. I'm able to make a difference and contribute to the company's success. I get to directly interact with clients and help them achieve their goals. I'm not just a face in the crowd. Work ethic is highly valued! People who legitimately try, see first hand what impact they have. I also get to help solve problems instead of handing them off to someone else and have them take all the credit.

Cons

Like all work places you get coworkers that complain. The bad ones try to bring the rest of us down with their selfish agendas. But when you pay attention to what they say and their motivation behind it, they really just care about themselves and not the company as a whole. Their just not good team players.

Advice to Management

Thanks for all the extras that you do, it makes this a fun place to work. Also, it helps us know you appreciate what we do.

Other Employee Reviews for Agate Software

1. "Hard work equals opportunity!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

I have been working at Agate Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since I started working at Agate Software I have always been given the opportunity to make a difference. From day one the environment had been fun and helpful to my career goals. The people for the most part are kind and willing to help, A few weeks ago one of the management team members came up and gave me a $100 gift card to a local store. He claimed it was for going above and beyond the normal job requirements. For the record I still don't know what I did that was so great but it was much appreciated. Since then I have realized that they do this sort of thing all the time. That type of stuff makes people happy.

Cons

There are always things to not like about your job but the only thing that comes mind is every company has a few bad eggs that seem to make it hard for the rest. I can tell you that Agate has had a few but we seem to moving forward without those distractions.

Advice to Management

Keep giving out the gift cards!! Thank you for the opportunity.

2. "Meh"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Pros

There was exposure to lots of different areas of the development world. If you were able to communicate with the customers, there was also the ability to dabble in project management.

Taught me to value a boss who's not a megalomaniac.

Cons

Be at your desk by 8:30 or be prepared to spend the next half an hour getting chewed out. Don't count on you working late the night before being an acceptable excuse either.