Agilent Technologies - Welcoming attitude and a very open company culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Agilent Technologies

"Welcoming attitude and a very open company culture"

Former Intern - Marketing Engineering Intern in Santa Rosa, CA
Former Intern - Marketing Engineering Intern in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at Agilent Technologies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern, I was always treated as though I had something to offer and that the work I was doing was valuable for the company. The internship coordinators made an effort to familiarize us with the company culture, business areas, and corporate structure by scheduling conferences with managers and tours of the facilities in both Santa Rosa and the headquarters in Santa Clara. We even had the CEO Bill Sullivan himself graced us with his presents. This in particular made a lasting impression on me of how much the company values their employees.

I got the impression that career advancement is readily attainable at Agilent. Over the three months I was there, I was introduced to dozens of people that had worked there for decades. I was told that employees are somewhat free to pursue different directions within their departments to find the best match for employment.

Cons

I cannot think of much in the way of cons. My only dislikes are the result of a mismatch between myself and the position I worked, which is not the fault of the company.

Advice to Management

Great internship program. If not for discovering that my field of interest lies in an area that Agilent doesn't do business in, I probably could find no reason for not deciding to work there.

Other Employee Reviews for Agilent Technologies

"A laid back culture and great people makes for a nice work environment."

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Agilent Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is very relaxed and easy-going. Agilent offers great options to balance your work and home life and the people here have been nothing but great to work with.

Cons

Being a large company, it is hard sometimes to juggle resources that are spread out all over the world. The politics surrounding a large corporation like this can make life difficult at times but that would be true of almost any large organization in the biotech industry.

2. "great place to work"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Agilent Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

culture, people, values,respect for individual, 360 degree feedback, teamwork. CEO eats at the cafeteria and you can meet him

Cons

global company - generally work morning and evenings.

Advice to Management

keep moving the ship forward!