Agoda - Easy to learn, good to work, great experience in short! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Agoda

"Easy to learn, good to work, great experience in short!"

Current Employee - Market Administrator in New Delhi (India)
Current Employee - Market Administrator in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Agoda full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Everyone works at the same level, there is no hierarchy.
2. People are given the flexibility to work the way that suits them the best.
3. Regular training and employee interaction.
4. Employee opinion always given heed to.

Cons

1. Management has got partial to some employees at times.
2. Lack of some basic amenities in India office.
3. Issues with internet and phone lines not taken seriously.

Advice to Management

The management should have one to one discussions with the employees regularly to know about employee grievances, if any.

Other Employee Reviews for Agoda

"Good Reputation in Southeast Asia"

Former Employee - Market Manager
    Former Employee - Market Manager

I worked at Agoda full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Agoda is one of the fastest growing online travel agencies in Southeast Asia. It is recognized as the market leader in Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, The Philippines and Malaysia. The company invests heavily in hiring business development staff to sign up hotels in primary, secondary and tertiary destinations. The company is financially stable as they are owned by priceline.

Cons

Management seems to prefer appointing Westerners and Caucasians and there are limited opportunities for growth for Thais, Filipinos,etc.

Advice to Management

Provide medical benefits to your overseas staff.

"Get Ready for a Bright Future at Agoda Providence"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Providence, RI

I have been working at Agoda full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Agoda is one of the best places I have ever been lucky enough to work for. My ideas are heard and I am not one of the lost individuals in a heard of many. The office is gorgeous, and very bright lol. There is so much space and this place is going to be extremely different by the end of next year, but I think that is one of the most exciting parts about working here. Everything is new, so like the person stated below it is the perfect time to join this group in Providence.

Training is difficult, but thorough and interactive. Like many other jobs out there you don't feel all too ready until you are actually on the phones. The same could be said about Agoda.

We are open every day including public holidays. Public holidays pay out at double time a half, which is actually pretty sweet. Management tries to make public holidays tolerable by providing lunches. We had a full Thanksgiving spread this year.

Aetna is our medical plan, there are a couple of coverage tiers you can choose from. The top tier is cheaper than average plans and covers a lot. I'm not complaining. Benefits are great. 401k contribution up to 3% max plus what you are contributing. If you care about retirement, that's a good deal.

Free fruit in the kitchens, coffee Keurig setups, clean locker areas.

I am excited to see what my future at Agoda is like. There are a lot of cool opportunities to go anywhere in the world and I like knowing that if I work hard the possibilities are endless. If you work hard, you will be rewarded.

Keep in mind, we have only been open since September so can't give a complete review until a full year is up. Will revisit in 2018.

Cons

-Recruitment was kind of a mess for most of us in the beginning, but that makes sense.
    -Headquarters in Thailand so payroll and anything in the major departments is a pain with communication.

Advice to Management

Don't forget to recognize those who work hard and are trying to make a name for themselves!