Aimco Apartment Homes - First full time job after college | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aimco Apartment Homes

"First full time job after college"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in North Andover, MA
Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in North Andover, MA

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the entire aspect of my job. I love real estate and property management, as well as sales so its a great combination for a first job.

Cons

The maintenance staff was always understaffed. That combined with a very old property caused for a lot of issues with service requests not being done correctly. Over 150 service request slip count was very typical.

Other Employee Reviews for Aimco Apartment Homes

"Disappointment"

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None. While I used to find the work interesting and the people I worked with were true friends, all those people are gone, most laid off.

Cons

Wholesale selloff of properties and associated constant reductions in workforce since 2008 has resulted in very poor morale, fatalism and dissatisfaction. There is no joy at work any more as everyone is just waiting for their day to come to get the ax. The work is no longer interesting. Instead we are "given opportunities to grow" which means getting assigned work someone else used to do who was laid off with little or no instruction on how to get it done. When people are afraid to go on vacation because they are afraid they won't have a job when they come back it's evidence of a problem.

Advice to Management

Bite the bullet and lay out a closure plan for the people who work in the segment of business that is being sold off. Provide incentives to stay to the end if you are afraid people will just leave once it is official. It removes the contant fear. It tells those employees that they are important enough to hear the truth and it shows that Aimco honors it's employees even when a business decision means they won't be part of Aimco for much longer.

"It is a job."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My experience working with AIMCO was ok. There was nothing extraordinary about it.

Cons

Constant fear of layoffs. Hierarchy is firmly in place so there is not much room for growth in many departments. Definitely no room for mistakes; no encouragement from managers. Culture is fake. The standups are like cheerleading rallies but when you return to your work environment there is very little interaction between the little people and managers

Advice to Management

Stop taking such high bonuses. Reinstate 401K match.