Air Evac Lifeteam - Good place to work but has its problems | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Air Evac Lifeteam

"Good place to work but has its problems"

Current Employee - Flight Paramedic
Current Employee - Flight Paramedic

Pros

Alot of good people employed here.

Cons

Shotgun effect from management complicates things sometimes

Advice to Management

Bring the pay up

Other Employee Reviews for Air Evac Lifeteam

1. "Great place to work with great people."

Current Employee - Base Line Pilot in West Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Base Line Pilot in West Springfield, VA

I have been working at Air Evac Lifeteam full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company takes care of its people. They are very safety minded and continue to add safety features to their aircraft. Safety culture is a big deal here from the top down.

Cons

Pay could be better. Pilots tend to leave at the first bite of a better paying job. Many come back when they find that it's more than just pay that matters. Still tend to have a lot of pilot turnover regardless.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communications open. We appreciate the information and the heads up on future plans of the company. Keep it coming.

2. "Great cause, combative environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Air Evac Lifeteam full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great cause. Lives are saved.

Cons

Various peers are abusive and bullying. Directors are EXTREMELY aloof and oblivious to the abusive nature of employees. Serious lack of information technological support. Each department operates as its own entity, sharing little or no information with other departments. Lots of paperwork filed in cabinets, as company is stuck in 20th century mentalities. Lots of employees say, "this stuff works fine the way it is. We aren't changing it."

I saw a few employees bringing trash into work. Like personal residential,garbage, embarrassing to say the least. Change isn't desired and Improvements are downright discouraged. I've never worked anywhere that relies on Dropbox.. which has been hacked at other places. Private, personal, medical information should be encrypted on shared drives , and NEVER put on Dropbox. Ael does this routinely and it amazes me. I'm stunned it is even allows, much less encouraged.

Advice to Management

Don't fear change... engage the employees directly ... individually. There is absolutely zero leadership at this company. None. There are a lot of people that need to retire or be retired at this company... at Director levels and above. They are far too comfortable and would not be employed elsewhere.. they know this, which is why they won't leave.