AirWatch - Development is a mess | Glassdoor

"Development is a mess"

I have been working at AirWatch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn new technology
Lots of smart people

Cons

No organization
No process
All requirements come down as "priority 0 emergency" even silly stuff
Almost all the developers are new graduates who don't know what they are doing
India team lacks any leadership or supervision so productivity is low
Project management seems to be comprised of people with no real skills or training

Advice to Management

Get senior people who know what they are doing, put them in charge of products, and listen to them. Don't change course mid-sprint, learn to manage expectations and stop thinking everything is an emergency

Other Employee Reviews for AirWatch

"Worst Experience of 14 year career; Being Unemployed Is a Better Option"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at AirWatch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some great people there. There are some really great people doing all of the work. My peers in sales are great, and I have met some really great people in many other departments as well. I wish all of my former co-workers all the best wherever you go because I know if you are somehow still there, you won’t be at AirWatch for much longer.

Cons

Where do I start! Please note that all of the negative reviews about AirWatch from its employees are 100% true and correct. You will see some positive reviews, but you will easily recognize that the positive reviews are fake and written either by AirWatch management, or AirWatch internal recruiters, or possibly AirWatch HR personnel, in an effort to cover up how messed up this place actually is.

I am a consistently high-producing salesperson with over 10 years of direct sales experience, and I can tell you that my experience at AirWatch was terrible and outright appalling.

Ultimate bait-and-switch. Job and compensation is nowhere close to what they sell you in the interview. Was moved to 3 different teams (in 3 different verticals and different territories) in 6 months. So, you’re always starting over and cannot build your business, and therefore, you cannot make any money. And even if anyone was hitting their quota, which they’re not, people would still not make any money because of the comp plan.

Culture – Culture is terrible, which is a shame because there are some good young people. Morale is extremely low, and even worse, management could care less because said management promotes a culture that is extreme fear-based micromanagement. And from what I saw, all of this comes straight from the CEO. The CEO has no problem publicly humiliating and publicly berating people, including his top engineers. Definitely not an inspirational place, and there is no support from your management.

Leadership, with the exception of one person, lacks morals and ethics and will treat you like you are always replaceable no matter how good you are, because that’s the way the CEO treats everyone. Management is extremely young and inexperienced and like the CEO, will also treat employees poorly and also have no problem publicly humiliating people and publicly berating people.

Turnover is extremely high, needless to say.

Healthcare insurance plan and PTO plan are terrible.

Comp plan is ridiculous. Quotas are not attainable. No one attains quota, but there may be one or two persons every once in a while that actually hit quota. No one attains quota on a regular, or consistent, basis.

I can only hope that any experienced salespersons considering a job with AirWatch will actually read my review. There are more than a few instances I directly know about in which a new employee came to AirWatch for a certain position only to find out that the position was not actually available. Furthermore, management greatly exaggerates and misleads how much someone in sales can actually make in compensation. So please beware! If that’s not technically fraud, it’s right on the line of fraud, and at the very least, it’s awfully misleading. If you’re right out of college, the AirWatch may be ok, and at least it will look good on resume. Regardless, be prepared to be treated badly.

Do not recommend.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with some respect and a bit of kindness. Your people are all you’ve got, and real leaders actually recognize this.

"Account Executive (sales)"

Pros

At least I'm not unemployed. I suppose that would be worse? I very much enjoy the peers that I work with... they help mitigate the

Cons

Please read carefully the previous employee reviews. AirWatch has been deceptively manufacturing positive reviews in order to combat the overwhelmingly negative feedback on GlassDoor. I am a current employee (among many others) preparing an exit strategy. The majority of talented, tenured sales employees (with the exception of enterprise reps who own a share in the company) have left as a result of tyrannical leadership from the CEO (yes, this verbiage is accurate and necessary to convey the degree of unprofessionalism and public ridicule that persists). Others are being placed on performance plans and held to such unfeasible expectations that it's a sure sign of a forthcoming termination. Rather than evaluating reps against peer performance, managers are scrutinizing anyone falling below quota (which less than 2% of the sales force is achieving).

Advice to Management

You are blindly following unethical leadership. Find the courage to challenge the status quo and speak up on behalf of the reps that work so hard to drive business for a company that shows zero appreciation in return. Morale is overflowing with discontent, frustration, etc. This organization WILL implode - and the fault is yours, AirWatch.