Airbnb - Airbnb is an inspiring place to work that brings out the best in those who are not afraid to take ownership. | Glassdoor

"Airbnb is an inspiring place to work that brings out the best in those who are not afraid to take ownership."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

Just about every metric I can think of at Airbnb is trending up. This includes, but not limited to, business, management, compensation, food, morale, and quality of codebase. The energy is amazing.

Cons

You have to take ownership. To succeed at Airbnb you need to be willing to be the one to fix the problem and lead by example, not the one to complain about it.

Airbnb2014-03-05
  1. "Design gets big respect"

Current Employee - Design Manager

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

So great to be in a company where I don't have to constantly sell the need for design, content, and research. Design-led is accepted and embraced way of working at Airbnb. Designers are more like product managers at other companies, making business cases, and leading the full vision for new products and features. The Design team is super, super talented too. The best I've ever work with.

Cons

The only real bummer is the product team is terrible. I still have no idea what product managers do here. They aren't decision makers, they don't drive the business case, and they don't seem to have any responsibility for team culture. If Airbnb could solve this, they'd be unstoppable.

Advice to Management

Hire a CPO who can build a strong PM culture. Decide who the deciders are!

Airbnb2019-07-14
  2. "Great company, great people and great culture"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Airbnb full-time

Pros

Nice work environment Cool people Dog friendly workspace

Cons

Not sure about the cons

Airbnb2019-07-10

Discover more reviews about Airbnb.