Airbnb - Disorganized chaos | Glassdoor

"Disorganized chaos"

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing food, resource enriched regarding hardware. The co founders and CEO appear to actually care about the company, but unfortunately are blinded by the "big" tech crunch feature.

Cons

Terrible management across various departments. No pathway available for success. EVERYONE IN CX are underpaid and over worked. I've seen really REALLY good people quit or strangely fired from the company. The IT team is a nuthouse with an exception of the two people who don't work there anymore. Such a disappointment.

Advice to Management

You need to listen to what your colleagues are happy with and figure out the best solution from there. Get your egos out your ass.

Airbnb2014-03-21
  1. "Design gets big respect"

Current Employee - Design Manager

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

So great to be in a company where I don't have to constantly sell the need for design, content, and research. Design-led is accepted and embraced way of working at Airbnb. Designers are more like product managers at other companies, making business cases, and leading the full vision for new products and features. The Design team is super, super talented too. The best I've ever work with.

Cons

The only real bummer is the product team is terrible. I still have no idea what product managers do here. They aren't decision makers, they don't drive the business case, and they don't seem to have any responsibility for team culture. If Airbnb could solve this, they'd be unstoppable.

Advice to Management

Hire a CPO who can build a strong PM culture. Decide who the deciders are!

Airbnb2019-07-14
  2. "Great company, great people and great culture"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Airbnb full-time

Pros

Nice work environment Cool people Dog friendly workspace

Cons

Not sure about the cons

Airbnb2019-07-10

Discover more reviews about Airbnb.