Airbnb - Great Culture, everyone is very passionate about the product. Passionate high level leadership. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Airbnb

"Great Culture, everyone is very passionate about the product. Passionate high level leadership."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airbnb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, great people. Lots of perks and upper level management really cares about employees and the community of users.

Cons

Fast growing company, while we talk a lot about personal life and travel, workdays and weeks are long. As others mentioned some disorganization which can result in poor decisions.

Other Employee Reviews for Airbnb

"Generally good but lack of accountability in work can be maddening."

Current Employee - Customer Experience Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Lead in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airbnb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've met some of the most interesting and unique people from all backgrounds here; I can say that for most of my working time here I have genuinely loved my team and my colleagues. I've also had a lot of freedom to act and take decisions without tons of oversight, and I felt very empowered and happy about this. The compensation and benefits are good.

Cons

The freedom I mentioned above has started to go away; as they attempt to run themselves like a real company and not a start-up, there is a sensation of an iron fist clamping down on us. Trying to become a real company (with accountability, transparency, and future profitability) without becoming corporate is hard. Right now I don't feel that Airbnb is doing very well with that.

Advice to Management

Perks and benefits and 'fun!' don't make a place worth working for the long haul; it's about more than that. To be a great place to work, the actual WORK has to go well. There is too little focus on this generally.

"A great place to work, especially for the young and energetic"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Airbnb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is a lot of fun and very laid back. They have a food program which will cut down on your personal expenses a considerable amount. There's room for growth. It's never boring.

Cons

It's a young and ambitious company with a fair amount of disorganization. This can be frustrating at times. But, most everyone has their heart in the right place and are working on moving in the right direction.