Airware - Incredible growth potential, a great team, and a financially stable start up | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Airware

"Incredible growth potential, a great team, and a financially stable start up"

Former Contractor - Head of Talent in San Francisco, CA
Former Contractor - Head of Talent in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Airware as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The Product, it's cutting edge and in an emerging industry. The team, A diverse collection of the smartest people in any room and a ''no ego'' environment. Flat org with strong leadership and vision from the CEO down. There is a strong 'all for one' mentality, and excellent company transparency that keeps the staff motivated. The transparency part is truly amazing, it gives everyone an exact idea of what we are working towards as a whole.
This an early stage start up that is going to happen. If you're awesome at what you do an there's an opening, I strongly recommend applying.

Cons

While Airware does not have a clock watcher environment, it has an Intense start up pace. Be prepared for long hours and expect to produce results. You'll have to be nimble as well, you may have to scrap all your work in order to start in a new direction and ramp it up twice as fast, but that's what keeps it exciting. Lots of meetings. Do not apply If you are not used to working in smaller groups and having a high level of ownership in you work. Anticipate growing pains. You need to be an expert coming on board.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage your team to communicate their ideas and objections openly. Less meetings.

Other Employee Reviews for Airware

"I got to actually contribute to the product and solve hard problems as an intern."

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern (GCS) in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern (GCS) in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Airware as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Because it's a startup and growing fast, there's always real work to be done and not just silly side projects to keep you busy, like larger companies might give their interns. The projects you do are hands-on, which is great because that's how you really learn. My knowledge of software architectures definitely jumped that summer, as I was tasked to design and implement several features of the Ground Control Station. Also, the product you're working on is just too cool - where else are you going to get to work with commercial drones?

I had a great time at Airware, and really hope I get to come back in the future.

Cons

I was the only female engineer when I was working there. Which was not at all a problem, it was just a little hard to connect to the 'bros' when they're talking about cars.

"After working an internship at Airware, in flight testing and systems integration, I would be happy to return full time."

Former Intern - Applications Engineer in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Intern - Applications Engineer in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Airware as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Airware is a small company. As a result, you get to know your coworkers well, and you will be given responsibility immediately. The work was enjoyable for me, as I am fascinated by unmanned aircraft and the associated technology. In fact, I could see myself doing much of this work during my free time, just for the fun of it. As a part of the job, I was sent to the AUVSI's Unmanned Systems Conference, the premier trade show for the UAS industry.
    The coworkers were highly motivated and intelligent. It was apparent from the start that they were interested in what they were doing and that they had a lot of passion for the work. At the same time, they were a friendly group. I would frequently meet with several coworkers outside of work to go hiking or visit the beach. Most days of the week we would all eat lunch together.

Cons

They expect a dedication to your work and your deadlines which may require more than a 40-hour work week. While I found the sense of influence and responsibility to be rewarding, this may be a negative thing for some people.