Airware - Interesting product, Challenging problems, and awesome people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Airware

"Interesting product, Challenging problems, and awesome people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Definitely one of the best job I've had yet. The company has a clear and ambitious vision that is shared across the company. Everyone here believes the potential of the work we are doing. The leadership is top-notch and has done an amazing job building the support of some of the top tech inventors.

However the best thing about the company is the people. Not only are they ridiculously smart and great to work with, but they are also fun and often spend time together outside a work context. The company regularly organizes outings and events together.

Cons

Not necessarily a con - but this is a fast paced company with ambitious goals which means everyone here works hard. Work hard, play hard.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job maintaining an open forum with the employees!

Other Employee Reviews for Airware

1. "Exciting time at a very cool company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing team--some of the most brilliant minds in robotics and aviation, and they are fun too. I spend a lot of my weekends and evenings socializing with my coworkers by choice. The Airware team frequents Thursday night karaoke in a nearby bar and our CTO is a Big Buck Hunter pro.
    Our product is insanely exciting--flying robots. Seriously. And we have an incredibly supportive group of investors who want to make sure that we succeed.

Cons

It's a startup, so depending on what is going on in the office, you sometimes have to work some serious hours. I feel that this is mitigated by the awesome team that I work with, but not everyone might feel that way.

Advice to Management

Enjoy the ride! :)

2. "Incredible growth potential, a great team, and a financially stable start up"

Former Contractor - Head of Talent in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Head of Talent in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Airware as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The Product, it's cutting edge and in an emerging industry. The team, A diverse collection of the smartest people in any room and a ''no ego'' environment. Flat org with strong leadership and vision from the CEO down. There is a strong 'all for one' mentality, and excellent company transparency that keeps the staff motivated. The transparency part is truly amazing, it gives everyone an exact idea of what we are working towards as a whole.
    This an early stage start up that is going to happen. If you're awesome at what you do an there's an opening, I strongly recommend applying.

Cons

While Airware does not have a clock watcher environment, it has an Intense start up pace. Be prepared for long hours and expect to produce results. You'll have to be nimble as well, you may have to scrap all your work in order to start in a new direction and ramp it up twice as fast, but that's what keeps it exciting. Lots of meetings. Do not apply If you are not used to working in smaller groups and having a high level of ownership in you work. Anticipate growing pains. You need to be an expert coming on board.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage your team to communicate their ideas and objections openly. Less meetings.