Aite Group - Great place despite lackluster pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aite Group

"Great place despite lackluster pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

The flexibility and culture is unbeatable. Perfect place for self starters with creativity.

Cons

Not so great for those wanting a highly structured environment and higher level pay. But what it lack in Salary it makes up for in lifestyle.

Other Employee Reviews for Aite Group

1. "Great learning experience in the business and IT research/consulting industries."

Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

Pros

Great work environment with great people who are happy to work with you and teach you the industry. Good exposure to the both the technical and business aspects of the financial services industry. There is an emphasis on IT, but really the work ranges from the financial side of things (i.e. publishing a report on a particular asset class) to performing market intelligence (i.e. what are the major players in the financial services doing to solve a given problem). The diversity of the work kept it interesting. Had the opportunity to perform work for well-known companies.

Cons

Internship is unpaid which can be tough for undergrads.

2. "Work with the Fortune 500 and large FIs"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aite Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with Aite Group for several years, and had known of them going back to the mid-2000s. Aite is a unique company in that they allow fully remote employees, and lots of discretion in how you do your work. To me, that alone has value, and depending on your personality and abilities, you can flourish in this environment. There are company meetings several times per-year, and one recent event put all of the employees up in Miami Beach for a few days. The Boston office is modern, and built out with good desks, and a view of Macy's, putting you right downtown. Aite has huge clients, a great website, and useful reports that sell in high volumes to large FIs. For me, I'm greatful to have a platform that allows me to work with these large clients. It gives me access to people in roles at large FIs, and understanding of advanced concepts in Large Enterprise businesses. Most people have the ability to generate great intellectual capital, but realistically it'd be hard to get an audience without a name like Aite in the industry. I'm a go-getter, and I always do what I say I'm going to do. If I sign off on producing reports, or writing a blog, then I always do it, and I give myself adequate time to execute my creative process. For my technology, I spend the time training and get it behind me, so I'm not running into unexpected issues all of the time. Many of the people I know who aren't successful have issues with all of the above. They agreed to do something, and failed to meet those requirements. Personally, I love thinking about moving to Florida, or California on the drop of a dime. Aite supports my lifestyle, and my desire to work at home with my family. They see me all the time, and I can do things around the house if needed. My Manager is dilligent about checking in, but trustful, and I feel at ease when I'm working. I was never big on being forced to put in 40 hours, dressing up in an office with tons of people, unable to choose or modify my environment. I get so much more done, and it's because I've learned to balance things, and get the most efficacy out of my day. Work/Life balance, the only long hours are the one's you create for yourself here! Recommend it to self-starters.

Cons

Any perceived cons were actually very personal. I had struggles with discipline, and spacing out my efforts, but quickly overcame them and adapted to the environment.

Many folks can be negative, and it's a bit draining. I feel like they should move on, and stop collecting checks if they are checked out. Many of them are using the company name to get another better position, so I'm not sure they fully appreciate it.

Calls can be a bit hectic, but doable if prepared and informed about them ahead of time

Advice to Management

Keep working to improve morale, and be realistic with folks about the deal been what they've agreed to and what they are doing currently.

Keep hiring, and improving the team morale thru networking, and benefits to the employees

Help people understand that without the brand, sales, and operational processes, they wouldn't be granted an audience with big FIs. Aite's brand is what's selling, and the reports while highly valued are part of that vehicle. Analyst's feel like the company is nothing without them, but often times it seems like the opposite would be true. In the end, it's supposed to be a relationship, work with them to see the value of work/life balance versus being strained under layoffs, and a small percentage more money to commute 15+ hours a week to another office job.