Akamai - My fast paced career at Akamai has given me insight into the cutting edge technology that makes the Internet work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Akamai

"My fast paced career at Akamai has given me insight into the cutting edge technology that makes the Internet work."

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Akamai full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation and benefits. There are new, fun projects every day, and no two days are the same. It is extremely satisfying to work on projects that reach millions of people every day.

Cons

There is so much work to be done that it's hard to fit it all into normal business hours.

Other Employee Reviews for Akamai

"Akamai is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Systems Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Akamai full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This review pertains to my experience in engineering working with folks in Cambridge, MA and San Mateo, CA.

Akamai is a great place to work for engineers who are passionate about distributed systems and network security.

1. Work along side some of the best minds you will ever work with in your career. Beyond all benefits and perks, this is the single best reason to be at Akamai.

2. Terrific opportunity to grow and make an impact at all levels.

3. The original DNA of the company that was set by the founders from MIT is alive and well. There is a culture of innovation.

4. Use the latest technologies (including open source) - skills picked up here are applicable across the industry. This is important as you don't want to be an expert on proprietary stuff no one outside cares about.

5. Managers are very technical and do a great job of managing a skilled set of engineers.

6. IT department doesn't come in the way. Just walk in and pick up whatever equipment you need and get on with your job.

7. Unlimited vacation policy.

Cons

There will always be things to complain about. No company is perfect.

"It Project Manager"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Akamai full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Cambridge, MA location, Nice facilities (8CC), Competitive Pay and Benefits, Flexible Hours

Cons

Can be tough climbing the ladder