Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Job I've Ever Had

May 12, 2021 - Service Line Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Akamai is a highly functional company, with the best culture I have ever been able to be a part of. The benefits are good, and leadership is solid.

Cons

High stakes, high pressure. Working with the biggest companies in the world is not for everyone.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great First Software Job

Jun 16, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Good pay Interesting projects

Cons

Innovation can be slow at times

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Big changes left a lot of people behind

Apr 16, 2021 - Principal in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great compensation and benefits, good people, generally caring company that tries to do well by its employees

Cons

Lately, lots of politics blocking progress in several areas. Turf wars. The recent reorganization resulted in about a 4% layoff... but they treated those people very well. Worse off are some of us left behind, and I was a lucky one. I was effectively demoted without cause, despite consistently very good reviews. The rising tide of the reorg floated some boats but sank far more others than it should have; many folks were pulled off of leadership and management tracks for no good reason; some people were put on PIPs for poor reasons, effectively managing them out without severance or the good treatment for those who were laid off. This has been very disappointing treatment of people who have been seen as valuable (but perhaps expensive) employees. A lot of very good people are leaving. I’m sure things will shake out and they will do well and be a great employee again, but this was a very disappointing end game for many of us. And it WILL be the end game.

Continue reading
    12 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Akamai.