Alabama Metal Industries Corporation - It can be a great company again. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Alabama Metal Industries Corporation

"It can be a great company again."

Pros

Good benefits. 401k match.
Bonus plan is great when plan is met
Work/life balance is good

Cons

Some national managers are too out of touch and too willing to look the other way when problems arise
Too many people in the wrong position.
Too many good people have left
 Does not emphasize leadership skills and does not offer any management training
Company seems to be getting weak at its core.

Advice to Management

Empower managers to make decisions beyond the national level and get back to servicing the customer (and not just the stock holders). Keep the good employees and develop them to be leaders.

Other Employee Reviews for Alabama Metal Industries Corporation

1. "Needs work but improving, so come join us!"

I have been working at Alabama Metal Industries Corporation full-time

Pros

The people here are unlike anywhere else I have worked. Yes, there are issues but honestly every company has them. I do not mind coming to work each day because there is a culture building here that is becoming fun and exciting. AMICO is in a change mode and you will get your hands dirty for sure. If you come in with a drive and get stuff done attitude you will excel here. AMICO has lots going on with new products and initiatives which will be great to watch take off.

Cons

There have been some business issues that were addressed, resolved and now we are driving toward a goal as a new company. It will not come without it's challenges; however, we tend to learn more in a changing environment.

The part of town we are located in is not the best.

The management team is learning how to move forward after lots of change to who we are.

If you don't like change this may not be for you.

Advice to Management

Rally the troops and let's move forward!

"A New Day has Dawned!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Alabama Metal Industries Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined the company in early 2016 and am seeing a transformation that is truly exciting! We are taking a whole new approach to how we service our customers. It's not just make and sell but an approach of how we can provide a full solution for our customers. We've constructed an outdoor "showroom" that showcases our latest perimeter security solution which has seen the likes of Homeland Security and one of the nation's largest utilities recently visit.

We have incredible employees and opportunities for everyone to spread their wings into other areas. Our benefits are second to none!

To quote one of our local leaders, "It's a great day at AMICO!"

Cons

We need to keep our eye on the prize and not get distracted!

Advice to Management

We need to keep engaging our employees to ensure best practices and innovations are surfaced. We have a great team who want to win! We can make it happen!!