Alamo Rent A Car - Overall, A great job | Glassdoor

"Overall, A great job"

Current Employee - Rental Agent in Portland, ME
Current Employee - Rental Agent in Portland, ME

Pros

Excellent Pay and Benefits Package. The company is owned by Enterprise Holdings, which owns Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Rent-A-Car, and Alamo Rent-A-Car. I work at an Airport location which is very dependent on tourism. The summer season is spectacular for payout, and the winter season, though slower, is still much better than similar jobs.

Cons

As a rental agent at Alamo or National, advancement opportunities are a little tricky. Management positions are filled by Enterprise employees. In order to be promoted from a Rental Agent, one would have to become an Enterprise Management Trainee, (which is essentially a rental agent) and then work through promotions on that side of the company. That aside, there are no real problems with this company.

Other Employee Reviews for Alamo Rent A Car

"The best and worst place you will ever work"

Current Employee - Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Detroit, MI

Pros

The employee discounts are awesome and if you are a manager you get a company car, which means you do not pay for the vehicle, gas or insurance on the car. It can be a very rewarding job. Everyday you meet people from all overthe world and you have the opportunity to help them in some way. People travel for business, family vacations or due to unfortunate circumstances such as a death or ill family member. All to often they don't bring the things they need to wiht them, it is our job to help the customers the best we can so that they can do what they came in town to do. Customer service is king at our company!

Cons

Well if you work at an airport location you are most likely open 24 hours so it can be hard sometime to work the hours needed. If you are a manager for this copmany plan on putting in 10 to 15 hours per day. People who leave exactly at their scheduled out time are looked upon as lazy and non-team players. In addition we are open on holidays so you will have to work the holidays away from your family

Advice to Management

n/a

2. "Good seasonal job"

I worked at Alamo Rent A Car part-time

Pros

Very relaxed environment
    High level of independence
    Low stress job
    Lots of friendly coworkers
    Room for promotion
    Fast paced environment

Cons

While I enjoyed my time at Alamo, I was very excited to leave at the end of my time there. The customers wore me down.

Advice to Management

Sometimes there really isn't much to do. During lull periods it's ok for people to be sitting around. It's better to have your employees be up front about not doing work at appropriate times, than to have your employees get good at hiding the fact that they aren't doing anything at inappropriate times.