Alarm.com - I LOVE alarm.com | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"I LOVE alarm.com"

I have been working at Alarm.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Alarm.com is truly a great place to work!! It's clear that ADC understands that satisfied and healthy employees are really what drives company success. Family leave and 401k benefits were substantially bettered for 2018 and ADC continually invests in employees by providing a fun culture with many opportunities to participate in extra-curricular employee-sponsored events. It's exciting to be part of such a fast growing, innovative company with a fun culture!

Cons

Management could do a better job in providing more visibility to overall company and department goals.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Good for a start, but NOT for career growth and salary"

I worked at Alarm.com full-time

Pros

-Fun culture with lots of activities and freebies in the office. The office is modern and decorative with cool designs and colors.
    -Young and energetic. Everyone is friendly
    -Good benefits, except the tuition support is very low. ~$2k per year or so. That barely covers anything if you are looking for decent education.
    -This is a good place to start out when you're a college grad.

Cons

Alarm.com's pay is lower than market value, and they are very stingy with the raises, despite the amount of work you do. You can complain and ask all you want about the salaries/wages, but upper management and HR takes no action on this. Even after good reviews, they hardly give out raises or promotions. I can speak for the engineering roles here. Many people become stagnant in their roles. There is no clear career path. You find there are people working hard who deserve more and others who don't work that hard and get more. I would not suggest that anyone stay at Alarm.com for more than 2 years, as they will find that they are not learning enough to stay competitive in their fields, and their pay would be a short end of the stick. Their processes seem to be behind the norm. They are not using many advanced approaches in their product/software deliveries. There is a lot of manual testing here that should've been automated from the start. My advice to people who choose to work for Alarm.com would be to not get comfortable. Be alert and start realizing when you need to take a step forward in your career, knowledge, and salary.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and actually take some action to fix the issues. There are so many complains about salary - why has there been no change on this? Maybe stop spending all your money on lavish events/activities for the office and unnecessary travel expenses, and start using that money to pay your employees what they deserve. Everyone can see through all the frills.

"Great Company; Great Program"

I have been working at Alarm.com full-time

Pros

I joined the Management Development Program because after studying engineering in college, I wanted to figure out how to combine my passion for technology with a growing interest in business, and the MDP seemed like the perfect opportunity to learn and grow as a leader in these areas. Also, after meeting the current MDPS, I realized this would be a group of people who I could challenge in an intellectual discussion, turn to for help during a difficult rotation, or grab a beer with after the work day. This program and company have exceed my expectations!

Cons

No real cons to report

Discover more reviews about Alarm.com.