Alarm.com - Great environment! | Glassdoor

"Great environment!"

I worked at Alarm.com full-time

Pros

Work with awesome people who are passionate about their job. Relaxed culture where you can explore new ideas.

Cons

None really, loved my time there

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing

Other Employee Reviews for Alarm.com

"Going downhill... and fast."

Former Employee - Support Operations Associate in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Support Operations Associate in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Alarm.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the most part, great folks to work with. Just about everyone in support is easy to get along with. Office is nice, well decorated and has some great amenities. Company values are great, when they are adhered to.

Cons

While this used to be a fantastic place to work (my previous rating was 5 stars) it is going downhill quickly. What used to be an exciting and innovative work environment has become more and more like the cog-in-the-machine call centers that we came here to get away from. Ever since the company went public, the conditions have deteriorated. There is no longer concern for employees or customers - only the bottom line. We are understaffed but continue to layoff/fire people without replacing them. Part of the operations have also been sent overseas, an easy way to cut costs and probably why they're not hiring much in Minnesota anymore.

Pay has stagnated, a big part of why I left. Pay was always a little below market average, but made up for by benefits and work conditions. Pay has continued to drop, and conditions deteriorated, which prompted me to move on. Little to no growth available to those who remain.

Advice to Management

You need to step back and look at where you've gone. I know you can do better, so why aren't you? Keep your CORE values in mind, and hopefully you can get back on track.

"Career Mistake - Alarm.com."

I worked at Alarm.com full-time

Pros

* Nice looking office, and amenities within the office
    * Social events in the office/happy hours

Cons

* Not much flexibility as far as work hours go (felt looked down on for leaving work early due to childcare responsibilities)
    * Didn't feel a sense of work life balance - emails/chats at all hours of the night, even on things that were not urgent and could have waited till the next day.
    * No team collaboration - everything was all driven from the top down, and there was no room for improvement from other people on the team.
    * Poor communication from management
    * Lack of confidentiality on teams
    * Not allowed to work from home pretty much ever, and if you had to, you would feel guilty.
    * Pay was not at all competitive compared to the market (one of the reasons I left)
    * All decisions that were made were based on favoritism, not based on the work others were doing.
    * Old school processes in place that needed updated, but no one wanted to do anything different because "that was the way it was always done."

Advice to Management

Alarm.com dropped from spot 14 to spot 55 on the TWP surveys in 1 year. Shows that employees are not as happy as they were a year ago. Might be something to actually look into.