Alarm.com - Great environment! | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great environment!"

I worked at Alarm.com full-time

Pros

Work with awesome people who are passionate about their job. Relaxed culture where you can explore new ideas.

Cons

None really, loved my time there

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Going downhill... and fast."

Former Employee - Support Operations Associate in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Support Operations Associate in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Alarm.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the most part, great folks to work with. Just about everyone in support is easy to get along with. Office is nice, well decorated and has some great amenities. Company values are great, when they are adhered to.

Cons

While this used to be a fantastic place to work (my previous rating was 5 stars) it is going downhill quickly. What used to be an exciting and innovative work environment has become more and more like the cog-in-the-machine call centers that we came here to get away from. Ever since the company went public, the conditions have deteriorated. There is no longer concern for employees or customers - only the bottom line. We are understaffed but continue to layoff/fire people without replacing them. Part of the operations have also been sent overseas, an easy way to cut costs and probably why they're not hiring much in Minnesota anymore.

Pay has stagnated, a big part of why I left. Pay was always a little below market average, but made up for by benefits and work conditions. Pay has continued to drop, and conditions deteriorated, which prompted me to move on. Little to no growth available to those who remain.

Advice to Management

You need to step back and look at where you've gone. I know you can do better, so why aren't you? Keep your CORE values in mind, and hopefully you can get back on track.

2. "Great place to be!"

I worked at Alarm.com full-time

Pros

Great environment, great people, fun place to work at!

Cons

Traffic to deal with during commute.

Discover more reviews about Alarm.com.