Alarm.com - Great Company, Great People | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Career Path and Opportunities are hard to discern" (in 9 reviews)

• "a lot of the typical growing pains of a rapidly growing tech company but really there aren't any major cons" (in 7 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great Company, Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Alarm.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very intelligent and supportive, which provides for a great work environment. I genuinely feel that the work I am doing has real world impacts, which I have not experienced in previous jobs. The company recognizes exceptional work throughout the company and awards these employees (either directly nominated by members of their team or not) for their hard work. The HQ office is amazing, and has unique quiet rooms throughout the office (and a hidden ping pong room behind a false bookshelf!), and provides the teams with a snack budget, which come's in handy when a meeting goes long or you cant find the time to take a proper lunch break.

Cons

The only complaint I can think of thus far, is that it is often difficult to rope in some of the non-HQ offices - and many team members may not be able to visit the coworkers they work with on a daily basis.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "I really love it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Alarm.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The people are seriously wonderful!!!!
    -Lots of training opportunities
    -Our product offerings are just so awesome
    -We are growing like crazy so it's just a fun and energized environment naturally
    -Lots of investment in fun things inside and outside of work
    -Innovation is really driven hard - if you have a good idea to pursue no one tells you no

Cons

-Remote offices all have their own cultures; at sometimes you can feel a little out of the fold

Advice to Management

Keep the mentality that cared for employees make companies successful

2. "Why would you NOT work for Alarm.com?"

Current Employee - Marketing in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Marketing in McLean, VA

I have been working at Alarm.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not a day goes by at Alarm.com in which I don't feel appreciated for my hard work, committed to a growing vision, supported by my manager both personally and professionally, and thankful to work with a team of some of the most intelligent and bright individuals I have ever met. Our company is a workhorse in terms of efficiency and process improvements and continues to get better and better each day that I am here.

I also know the work I do specifically to help my Business Partners is meaningful and assists them in creating valuable and loyal customers that are committed to their brand. Not only do they communicate consistently all of the positive benefits of working as an Alarm.com service provider, but they also provide value feedback for improving our programs and tools to be more effective. The best part of their critiques is that we actually TAKE the feedback and work to consistently improve our Partners' experiences and repackage new programs for their tool-kits.

I am consistently arming my resume with new skills to open my career to new opportunities. Each day is different, and I know I am supported no matter what out of the box ideas I have, and that my opinion is heavily valued although I am a younger individual in the workplace.

The company also offers educational reimbursement so that we can attend a professional conference related to a skill in which we'd like to further develop. We have a dedicated internal training team (which is incredibly talented) that holds workshops consistently on personal brand development, working with diverse personalities, presentation improvement courses, interviewing tips, technical product courses, management improvement classes and workshops, and more. We also have dedicated committees to appeal to social events in order to boost morale around busy times of the year! We have a committee that plans seasonally relevant social activities, sports committees that bring employees together outside of the workplace, and a team of facilities managers that are incredibly supportive and ready to assist with anything you need to ensure your work space is comfortable!

We keep decor lively and have dedicated spaces throughout the office that are themed for different moods when you need to get away from your desk. Our headquarters has been developed to really cater to employees’ needs. The company put in an oxygen room to promote health and calmness if you ever feel stressed. Even down to the cold brew that is stocked to help promote alertness, this company goes above and beyond to provide resources and environments that help you to stay motivated and productive.

It is quite astounding how much this company provides to improve employee's professional development and allow for a warm, cohesive workplace in which new ideas are welcomed and accepted. The benefits are completely unrivaled in comparison to most organizations.

I cannot truly imagine working at another company that offers this much opportunity for their employees, support, and care in both a personal and professional setting, and advancement potential for vertical career growth. To say the least, the work I'm doing daily and the opportunities this organization provides me, allows me to feel completely satisfied with my career and the direction it is heading in.

Cons

Truthfully, it is difficult to think of many cons. If I HAD to list one, I'd say a few more PTO days for newbies would be great, but don't we all wish we had more PTO? ;) Benefits overall are so incomparable to most organizations though, they're incredibly competitive and comprehensive, so there's really no room for complaints!

Advice to Management

Continue what you're doing! Growing the company with a strategic vision, investing in your employees, and hiring top-notch talent.

Discover more reviews about Alarm.com.