Alarm.com - Growing company with a unique, thriving culture! | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "Work/Life balance is there, but you have to take ownership of it" (in 11 reviews)

• "Everyone is very intelligent and supportive, which provides for a great work environment" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains transitioning from a small company to a more mature one" (in 9 reviews)

• "The pace can be very fast, but the establishment of work life balance is really controlled by you" (in 4 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Growing company with a unique, thriving culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

I have been working at Alarm.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Alarm.com is located in a great location and is on a rapid growth projectory. The culture is extremely dynamic and so much more employee centric than I'm accustomed to. Not only does the innovation of the product continue to excite me and keep me motivated, the people are incredibly passionate, humble, and intelligent. I love that I can walk into my VP's and manager's office and be very candid about my goals, current inititiatives, and provide solutions to team obstacles. Its really incredible to feel like your voice is heard and your team is working toward a common goal. Although the pace is fast, I've developed myself so much and have been provided incredible opportunities that it's made the hard work worth it. The office space is catered toward employee wellness and productivity, its easy to love being in the office. The culture is very flexible on working from home if needed and flexible hours. The gray area of the culture is probably why people enjoy working here. You have the power and ability to create new processes, programs, and drive initiatives that may not be given attention to leaving a lot of area for opportunity and growth!

Cons

The pace can be very fast, but the establishment of work life balance is really controlled by you. While I don't think this a con per se, some may not understand that working for a rapidly growing company is a good thing even if it can feel overwhelming at times. The company gives you the opportunites to and understands the need to take care of yourself, so I've learned to give it my all, but never forget my personal goals outside of work.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and adapting to the industry both internally and externally. The "outside the box" way of thinking continues to push you further!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Good start to move forward"

Former Employee - Account Development Executive in Mc Connellsville, NY
    Former Employee - Account Development Executive in Mc Connellsville, NY

I worked at Alarm.com full-time

Pros

Healthcare was okay salary very good

Cons

A lot and a lot of stress to meet deadline

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Alarm.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the best job I've had. It's a growing company where you are able to contribute and add value on day 1. I feel my ideas and voice is heard, I have the ability to influence decisions and I work with such fun people! I appreciate the little things the company does to show their appreciation such as today's cookie event.

Cons

Some growing pains from going from a small company to a larger one.

Advice to Management

Look at improving benefits (work from home, better 401K, etc.), be more transparent and hold people accountable.

Discover more reviews about Alarm.com.