Cover image for Alaska Airlines

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company, tough position

Apr 9, 2018 - Reservation Sales Agent in Kent, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for, very friendly and always happy to answer questions. It's the one airline that I feel comfortable stopping an employee in the airport to ask them a question, because I know first hand Alaska's customer-centric policy. They genuinely want to make people happy and comfortable and it shows. Of course there are also the benefits- not just the flight benefits, that's minor, but the benefits package has really great coverage for you and optionally for family too. It's a very welcoming enviornment and they strive to make the employees happy. After your probationary period, you are free to apply for a transfer for a different department if the one you're in isn't working for you. After probation it is a work from home position and as long as you have good internet they will provide you with the rest, including computer.

Cons

Very little cons for the company itself and more for just the position. The position is really tough and it takes a very specific type of person to do it. Of course, it IS a call center job, so that in itself should indicate what it's like. Back when I worked there, there WAS mandatory overtime, due to high call volumes. They advise that you volunteer for a half hour of OT before they start assigning it. This is unfortunate and there's no real upside apart from more hours means more pay. The pay itself isn't the best, especially for the position, but it does raise after probation and again annually. However, in spite of this, I DID end up returning to the company four years later, because it IS a really good company to work for, I just chose to work in a different department. Like all airlines, it is seniority based, not merit-based, so you have to work your way from the bottom and the bottom is always stuck with the worst shifts as a result.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Intern

Great place to find mentorship

Nov 30, 2022 - Software Engineering Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, interesting work. Everyone on my team really cares about fostering my growth and helping me learn.

Cons

Not the best compensation for SWEs

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company

Nov 29, 2022 - Auditor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

None that I know of

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Alaska Airlines Response

💙 -Ellen

Discover more reviews about Alaska Airlines.

Alaska Airlines Careers

Cover image for Alaska Airlines

We were founded in Alaska back in 1932 and have been headquartered in Seattle for nearly seven decades with hubs in Seattle, Portland,...More

• Nurture our Talent