Cover image for Alaska Airlines

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Meh

Mar 4, 2021 - Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flight Benefits, Employee PBP, Stock options, Pretty looking airplanes

Cons

Everything else! Workplace drama, poor management and programs philosophy, outdated systems, inefficiencies, lack of opportunity and upward growth. A bit behind the times with certain levels of innovation and pay is a lower than regional average.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Intern

Great place to find mentorship

Nov 30, 2022 - Software Engineering Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, interesting work. Everyone on my team really cares about fostering my growth and helping me learn.

Cons

Not the best compensation for SWEs

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Flight Attendant

Oct 25, 2022 - Paralegal
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company provided great health insurance and travel benefits. We stayed in really nice hotels on our layovers, and our layovers generally gave us time to enjoy the city we were in. I was based in San Diego and enjoyed flying with most of my coworkers. We also had excellent pilots and I always felt like I could trust them.

Cons

After Alaska bought Virgin America, in my opinion the company went down hill. The values changed, the customer service became lax, and management became too political. After asking for people to furlough during the pandemic, the company turned around and took away most of our flexibility in schedule, which was a huge part of the job. The Airbus aircraft we were forced to fly on felt unsafe for the flight attendants. The emergency equipment was placed in different places on each Airbus and I never felt confident that I could help someone in case of an emergency. Lastly, the culture of Alaska changed and there was FAR more hostility between the Flight Attendants and between the Pilots. Alaska, in my opinion, became more focused on their image rather than the safety of their crews and customer service. Alaska used to be the best!

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Alaska Airlines.

Alaska Airlines Careers

Cover image for Alaska Airlines

We were founded in Alaska back in 1932 and have been headquartered in Seattle for nearly seven decades with hubs in Seattle, Portland,...More

• Nurture our Talent